GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sheringham say bye to Man UTD"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 26/05/01 at 17:07
Regular
Well Man Utd fans it is the end of the Sheringham era, he is gone. Today Tottenham Hotspurs brought him on a free transfer under the Bosman Ruling. So now he has gone back to the club that sold him, that brings up a few questions!!

one) He left 'Spurs to go to Man Utd, and now he is back, what kinda of reception will he get? he was an amazing player for 'spurs, and he took his time to get going for united, but in the last two years was the best striker united had. Personally i think that he will get or deserve a huge reception at white hart lane, but get un-deserevdly boo'd when spurs play united next season, it would be a shame because he did so well this season for them.

two) As said previosuly he was great for Manchester United, he scored many goals, and may be said that he had a huge part in winning them the championship so early this season, People say that he is to old, but he has proven the crtics wrong, by playing so well for united and scoring last night agaisnt Mexico. With Man Utd loosing Ferguson and Sheringham for next season people have to wonder if United can retain the Premiership, especially with Liverpool looking so hot this season, can 'pool continue consistantly through the next one and take away utd's long running pressure at the top?

three) Why did Sheringham leave? Well utd has earleir brought Ruud Van Nistelrooy, and Teddy may have thought his place was under jeapordy with Ruud's arrival and a new manager coming in. Sheringham always wants to play and always want to do well, and maybe realising that he may see more of the action than playing in it, and making him want to jump ship.
Another reason why he may have left is the fact that he may want to retire soon, and as he grew up so well with spurs he may have wanted to play his last few seasons there.

Well that is all my points on good old Teddy. I wish him all the best in his future and thank him for being such a good player in the past season. Well done Teddy Sheringham.

Thanks for reading, Chris.
Sat 26/05/01 at 22:02
Yeah, and I was just joking when I said what I did, and thats why the smiley face was there.
Sat 26/05/01 at 22:00
Regular
"Back in black"
we want pud we want pud- could make it a footie chant!!

we want pud we want pud
Sat 26/05/01 at 21:34
Regular
"CYA GUYS"
So its all friendly. If puddings on..lol @ him.
Sat 26/05/01 at 21:11
Regular
"Back in black"
i did not mean to sound snappy, i was just clarifieing, but hey.
Sat 26/05/01 at 19:19
Ice Blaster wrote:
> That is why i said he may have wanted to retire at Spurs, with only
> two or three years left!

Oh ok, I apologise that I only skim read it before replying, from now on I will read all of your posts five times over word for word and think hard about their meaning!
:) - smiley face to show no hard feelings
Sat 26/05/01 at 18:03
Regular
"Sexy Mexican Worker"
As a Spurs fan I am glad to see Teddy returning to the Lane. Hopefully this will be the first of many great signings over the summer, continuing with the Sol Man.
Sat 26/05/01 at 17:40
Regular
"CYA GUYS"
Don't get snappy with terry s- He's well kool.
Sat 26/05/01 at 17:29
Regular
"Back in black"
That is why i said he may have wanted to retire at Spurs, with only two or three years left!
Sat 26/05/01 at 17:16
The Spurs fans were booing Sheringham when he played at the Lane last Saturday. At least we're not paying for him though, I mean he is a 35 year old after all and even if he is playing well now, he's only going to have 2 or 3 more seasons left in him.
Sat 26/05/01 at 17:16
Regular
"Back in black"
thanks khazar, i can always rely on you to enjoy my posts!! If you want to know were i got the information from... well i read that Teddy Sheringham had gone back to Tottenham Hotspurs under the Bosman ruling, then i just posted my memories of him.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.