GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Favourite Halo 2 Multiplayer options?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Halo 2'.
Fri 12/11/04 at 09:32
Regular
Played a bit of 1v1 with a mate last night, found our favourite weapon setup:

Starting weapon: Plasma Sword
Level Weapons: Sniping.

Gives a great mixture of tactical moving / sniping with frantic moments of melee / close combat stuff.

Works really well!
Sat 20/11/04 at 10:00
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Ascension + Primary Weapon: Rocket Launcher + Scondary Weapon: Brute Shot/Plasma Sword + One Banshee

Brilliant madness. Shame the Banshee doesn't last for too long though.

Also same set up on Zanzibar except put both the vehicle settings on random, pure havoc. Wraith tanks in the wheel thingy. :D
Wed 17/11/04 at 10:28
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Zanzibar + enemy Warthog + me with Rocket Launcher and Sword = Carnage on a large scale.

Lock on a rocket, fire, jump down, hack them to pieces, nab a ghost and run the rest over. WOOT!
Tue 16/11/04 at 17:27
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Zanzibar is superb. I kept trashing a few vehicles in the rotating wheel though. :-)

Also the snow one with plasma sword is extremely fun as you can drop down on people's heads as they run underneath you. As is Ivory Tower, took me a while to get my hands on the rocket. :-)
Sun 14/11/04 at 13:12
Regular
Headlong's a godly level on 16 player CTF or Bomb thingy. Same goes for Zanzibar and Waterworks.

Think I like all the levels really, obviously not all the game types work on all levels, but each level works excellently with at least 2 game types.
Sun 14/11/04 at 13:08
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Had a quick go on Live last night - 3 people on one Xbox over a 512k connection works really well. Only trouble is that we didn't seem to be able to play selected levels, and ended up getting thrown in with a load of fodder. Schooled them good though - only died once in the whole 8 minute match, captured the flag once, and came top!

Then we played the multiplayer levels offline. Oh. My. God. It's incredible, far more fun than the singleplayer game. I'll say it again: this should have been released as multiplayer only, at a cut-price. Set up a gametype called "Rawkitz", which is rocket-launchers only, but you can't do infinite grenades!!! I can't believe they left that option out. Those games were pretty close, but when we played with all weapons, it soon became obvious that my knowledge of the dual-wielding combos from the singleplayer game was a bit of an unfair advantage. Still, all good fun. *head expands and pops*

Also, does anyone else find it easier to tag players? I think they've made the grenades much more 'immediate' at close range. It's good though, and so is that shield system with no energy bars to worry about. Favourite level has to be 'Coagulation'. It's Blood Gulch with Banshees for crying out loud, how can it not be good? Second best is Headlong - perfect snipering game, and I almost wet myself when I drove a 'hog onto the suspended platform and it moved!
Sun 14/11/04 at 12:08
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
Coagulation is definately my most favorite map. It's not too big and not too small, lot's of funny things happen everytime I play on Coagulation - Like when both teams get into a Buggie, meet in the middle and smash into each other.

Wooo!
Sun 14/11/04 at 11:43
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
I have created my own mode of Team Slayer known as "Hammer Time!".

But I'd say the most genius thing ever on system link was swords only on either Lockout or Ascension.

And of course Neutral CTF on Zanzibar or Coagulation.
Sun 14/11/04 at 11:35
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
I've yet to try multiplayer, I want to finish the game first. But when I do I'll give your game setup a go, sounds good. :-)
Sun 14/11/04 at 11:31
Regular
Anyone got any more suggestions?

(A.K.A: POP! :-) )
Fri 12/11/04 at 12:45
Regular
"gsybe you!"
16 player swords on any tiny tiny tiny level.

Or One-flag CTF on Zanzibar. I still have yet to learn the other HUGE maps.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.