GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Yanky Release Dates.."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 12/11/04 at 14:42
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Some rather nice suprises.. Zelda is expected quarter 2 which means it should be complete at E3 ^_^ Also Donkey Konga 2 is confirmed for the US so hopefully we'll see it over here sometime.

On DS Wario Ware, Pac Pix, Touch and Go in the first three months of the year are looking good for us importers, although it looks like we'll have to wait longer for Mario Kart, Advance Wars, Animal Crossing and Metroid Hunters.

The GBA looks like it'll be going out with a bang with a few good titles too (Pokémon Emerald, Fire Emblem 2 and Wario Ware 2).

Full list [URL]http://www.cube-europe.com/news.php?nid=7185[/URL]
Sat 13/11/04 at 13:32
Regular
"thursdayton!"
gerrid wrote:
> Sometimes I have absolutely no idea what you're on about.

Sometimes? :P
Sat 13/11/04 at 11:05
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
PsYİHo FoX 19 wrote:
> Of course Nintendo themselves would be able to estimate to about a
> week or so either way when they would have the game ready for
> release, not just a quarterly estimate that we are all used to until
> a month or 2 in advance of it's actual release.

Ack, I left my idiot translator at home.
Sat 13/11/04 at 11:02
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Sometimes I have absolutely no idea what you're on about.
Sat 13/11/04 at 00:27
"The Will of D."
Of course Nintendo themselves would be able to estimate to about a week or so either way when they would have the game ready for release, not just a quarterly estimate that we are all used to until a month or 2 in advance of it's actual release.
Fri 12/11/04 at 21:51
Regular
Because hype generates interest and sales and would boost Gamecube sales.

What retarded comment is that!

Anyway I read the press release on IGN, they don't actually say the game is due out in Quater 2 just that it is coming in 2005.
Fri 12/11/04 at 18:26
"The Will of D."
Dringo wrote:
> I don't believe Zelda'll be read by Quater 2.
>
> I just don't.
>
> There's been no hype machine.

Why does Nintendo have to super hype it just like Sony or Microsoft do? In a way it makes the game more of an enigma and a it will be even more satisfying to know what it's about upon release than few months in advance as that just takes the fun out of a surprise.
Fri 12/11/04 at 17:19
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Dringo wrote:
> I don't believe Zelda'll be read by Quater 2.

They could do a US/Japan simultaneous release (or within a couple of weeks of each other anyway). It's been in development long enough and just after E3 would be good, E3 will hype it up. May/June is still a long time away.
Fri 12/11/04 at 15:37
Regular
I'd keep it for four swords.
Fri 12/11/04 at 15:35
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
I need to sell my GBA quick, especially when i'm getting a DS when it gets released in the UK.

How much do you think I could sell my NES GBA SP for with one game (boxed) - Pokemon Sapphire?
Fri 12/11/04 at 15:33
Regular
I don't believe Zelda'll be read by Quater 2.

I just don't.

There's been no hype machine.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.