GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"With freeola can you..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 10/04/05 at 10:30
Regular
"www.funrunner.co.uk"
have the feature on your site with php were it uploads stuff autmatically?

If you dont know what i mean i want to have an admin facility to my site which would let me write some essays and then when i click save they are saved to a part of my website. Is this possible with freeola? as i know they have stuff in place to stop uploading items!
Sun 10/04/05 at 17:05
Regular
"NULL"
Nope - there might be an extension for it though, I don't know. MS aren't very....open....with their syntax though.
Sun 10/04/05 at 13:32
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Yeah I know, but this dude wants to upload essays.

Does the PHP on Freeola/PHP in general support .doc?
Sun 10/04/05 at 13:16
Regular
"NULL"
monkey_man wrote:
> You can make, read, write/append .txt and .data files with PHP, but
> you can't use ftp_put.

You can actually edit any filetype, it's just PHP may not have built in support for them, and writing your own classes may be difficult ;)

e.g. PDF support is available as an extension.

RTF is a good one to use though - the file is fully editable using text functions, and it would be possible to format a document using PHP and save it as RTF. In theory, you could also do the same with XML for OpenOffice format files...
Sun 10/04/05 at 13:10
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
They're tight-fisted skankwads. That's the official ruling.
Sun 10/04/05 at 12:49
Regular
"NULL"
As I remember, Freeola don't like you to use upload scripts as that means you don't have to connect to their dialup/broadband and thus they get no money. I'm not sure what the exact rulings are though.
Sun 10/04/05 at 10:34
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
You can make, read, write/append .txt and .data files with PHP, but you can't use ftp_put. I think their SQL service lets you upload to an mySQL database, but that costs monthly and there are other places that give you full PHP access for less...
Sun 10/04/05 at 10:30
Regular
"www.funrunner.co.uk"
have the feature on your site with php were it uploads stuff autmatically?

If you dont know what i mean i want to have an admin facility to my site which would let me write some essays and then when i click save they are saved to a part of my website. Is this possible with freeola? as i know they have stuff in place to stop uploading items!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.