GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Quick!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 07/04/05 at 19:40
Regular
"wow"
quick question, the modem router you get free with bt broadband will allow you to connect a computer and a laptop via a cable to broadband and both will be able to access the internet at the same time? yes? and you don't need anything else for that to work? - no hidden charges or products you will need to buy?
Thu 07/04/05 at 19:56
Regular
"SOUP!"
AWESOME!
Thu 07/04/05 at 19:56
Regular
"wow"
Hedfix wrote:
> Yep, sounds about right.

thanks for your help
Thu 07/04/05 at 19:55
Regular
"wow"
i already phoned them and this is the one question i forgot to ask and it takes half an hour to get through to them so any help would be very useful
Thu 07/04/05 at 19:55
Regular
"8==="
Yep, sounds about right.
Thu 07/04/05 at 19:54
Regular
"wow"
well, i know nothing about routers, the one they give free they say has 2 ports, BT Voyager 205 modem-router, so do you think that would work, and V. Important- can both things access the internet at the same time?
Thu 07/04/05 at 19:48
Regular
"8==="
You can do ICS (Internet Connection Sharing) and link your laptop through the PC, there's plenty of advice on the web about it but BT don't support it if you ask them about it.
Thu 07/04/05 at 19:47
Regular
"8==="
Should do. Depends on the router.

I have a BT modem that's described as a 'router' but it's only got one port for the PC and no extra ports for anything else.

If in doubt phone BT's customer service line and ask.
Thu 07/04/05 at 19:40
Regular
"wow"
quick question, the modem router you get free with bt broadband will allow you to connect a computer and a laptop via a cable to broadband and both will be able to access the internet at the same time? yes? and you don't need anything else for that to work? - no hidden charges or products you will need to buy?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.