GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The X-Box"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 30/01/00 at 18:18
Regular
The X-Box has got to become the one of the greatest consoles ever!
Reason 1:
A multi-millionaire is backing the project, Bill Gates.
Reason 2:
Microsoft have the Monopoly over PC's, so why not consoles?
Reason 3:
The X-Box will probaly have a PII and a Vodoo Graphics card etc. and cost around £400 probaly.

Downfall 1:
Microsoft may name attract other game companies to make games for the X-Box.
Donwfall 2:
Everyone may of bought a PSX2, Dreamcast or Dolphin by the time the X-Box is brought out.
Downfall 3:
The X-Box is a weird name.

I'm probaly just gonna stick with Sony and buy the PSX2 unless I'm fully 100% sure the X-Box is better.

E-Mail me if you want to reply on [email protected]
Sun 30/01/00 at 18:18
The X-Box has got to become the one of the greatest consoles ever!
Reason 1:
A multi-millionaire is backing the project, Bill Gates.
Reason 2:
Microsoft have the Monopoly over PC's, so why not consoles?
Reason 3:
The X-Box will probaly have a PII and a Vodoo Graphics card etc. and cost around £400 probaly.

Downfall 1:
Microsoft may name attract other game companies to make games for the X-Box.
Donwfall 2:
Everyone may of bought a PSX2, Dreamcast or Dolphin by the time the X-Box is brought out.
Downfall 3:
The X-Box is a weird name.

I'm probaly just gonna stick with Sony and buy the PSX2 unless I'm fully 100% sure the X-Box is better.

E-Mail me if you want to reply on [email protected]
Tue 01/02/00 at 15:03
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
I must laugh at Microsoft!!! Ha Ha HA

How can they think that they can compete in the console market!?!
They may have gotten all over the PC market but the console market is totally different.
No-one wants a console with Microsofts name on it. I mean you'll buy the console take it home and within an hour it will probably have crashed!
They also say that they will be able to play PC games on the thing. Does that mean that were'd have to install games before we could play them!
I'd just like to finish by telling Microsoft to stay away from the console market because we don't want to have a 4th competitor in the market. We've got Nintendo, Sega, and Sony, why do we want to have another console?

FINAL POINT

SAY WITH DOLPHIN IT WILL ROCK THE WORLD

Cooky
Wed 26/07/00 at 01:52
Ronnie wrote:
> The X-Box has got to become the one of the greatest consoles ever!
> Reason 1:
> A multi-millionaire is backing the project, Bill Gates.
> Reason 2:
> Microsoft have the Monopoly over PC's, so why not consoles?
> Reason 3:
> The X-Box will probaly have a PII and a Vodoo Graphics card etc.
> and cost around £400 probaly.
>
> Downfall 1:
> Microsoft may name attract other game companies to make games for
> the X-Box.
> Donwfall 2:
> Everyone may of bought a PSX2, Dreamcast or Dolphin by the time
> the X-Box is brought out.
> Downfall 3:
> The X-Box is a weird name.
>
> I'm probaly just gonna stick with Sony and buy the PSX2 unless I'm
> fully 100% sure the X-Box is better.
>
> E-Mail me if you want to reply on [email protected]

Those aren't very good reasons. I do believe the X-box will compete with Playstation 2 and Dolphin in the market. The fact that Bill Gates is a mutli-millionaire isn't a good reason to predict the console will win. The leaders of Sega, Sony, and Nintendo are also mutli-millionaires. Further more, because Gates owns a operating system 96 percent of PC owners have does NOT mean he'll dominate the console market. No one has to buy the X-box. The X-box is a superior console due to its PC-likeness, but may backfire due to its fragile PC nature and its necessary to upgrade. We all know the X-box is similar to a PC, but it will be camouflaged as a console. The X-box will have fastest CPU speed of any console than at the point it arrives. The X-box will run on Nvidia...not Voodoo...and will own a PIII chip from Intel. Saying the X-box is a weird name is irrelevant. Playstation is a weird name in my opinion. Further more, I believe the Dolphin may come out after the X-box, but I'm not 100% sure.
Sun 20/08/00 at 15:25
It doen't matter how many people buy a ps2, dreamcast or dolphin, I'd put money on the X box being sold out by its release date, just as the ps2 is now, this will be the most powerful greatest looking console in history at the point of its realease, and no, it wont crash,

And as for saying we dont need another console on the market, why should you care if theres one more around, the more competition, the cheaper other games will be as this will make the companies compete against one another, I suspect that many of you devoted playstation fans will end up buying one as its simply a better machine than the ps2, from screenshots ive seen,the ps2's graphics are already not as good as the very best pc games right now, when the X box comes out with its Nvidia graphics you will simply be drooling and at £200, (they are gong to release it cheaper than the ps2 to try and get as many x boxes in peoples homes as quickly as possible according to marketing sources)-you playstation groupies will be salivating over them.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.