GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Need help which Halo 2 to buy?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Halo 2'.
Sat 13/11/04 at 12:30
Regular
Hi, I wonder if someone would help me choose what to buy for my 15 year old son. Supposed to be for Christmas but he will no doubt get it before then.

I have very little knowledge of the Halo 2 packages and wondered if it is worth buying the Halo 2 + Xboxlive package (also is the included subscription 12 months or 3 months).

Or is it better to buy the packages separately. Also is it worth buying the Special Edition?

We have a broadband internet connection but use a crossover cable to connect at the moment (wireless connection hopefully at a later date).

Really grateful for any advice. Apologies for interrupting gaming!

Thank You.
Tue 16/11/04 at 18:38
"I love yo... lamp."
It was £10 more? It only cost me an extra fiver.
Tue 16/11/04 at 18:21
Regular
"object"
i got halo 2 special edition and it wasnt that good the bonus DVD was a bore the metal case was nise but it costs a lot more. get the normal halo 2
Tue 16/11/04 at 17:15
Regular
"Silence Is Silver!!"
I have finally got my tin copy and boy I love it, more of the same and the same is good :)
Sun 14/11/04 at 20:39
Regular
I have the metal limited edition Halo 2 and it is good, but you are paying for aesthetics and if your' son is not bothered about the 'making of' type featurettes, then an extra 10 pounds just isn't worth it.

As you have a Broadband connection, I would go for the package including the longer subscription period as Xbox Live really does offer a whole new depth to Halo 2 (or so I'm told - no broadband :( )

Halo 2 metal edition includes:

The metal box

A slightly different manual

A 2 month Xbox Live trial (free - obviously)

A bonus disc, including : Making of featurette, Deleted characters and commentary basically around the making of Halo 2

What you are paying for in the Metal edition is the rarity value, simply that it could be worth more if/when you eventually decide to sell the game.
Sat 13/11/04 at 16:45
The tinned edition isn't that good, other than for aesthetic value and for "ooh" comments (unless they have it too). The main documentary focuses on the staff at Bungie, how they messed up towards the end (hence most of the game not feeling as polished as the first - they changed much near the end), them eating pizzaz at LAN fests and other geeky things.

I'd go with the normal version.
Sat 13/11/04 at 15:51
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
To be honest, it's not worth it for a much larger price.

Go for the Live package.
Sat 13/11/04 at 15:47
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
The content includes:

• Behind the scenes: the making of Halo 2

• Making the game: six video featurettes

• Visualising the story (concept art, early level design, from script to game, narrated story boards, character tests).

• Bonus material (trailers from Halo 1&2, cut scenes, commentaries, inside Bungie, a Bungie history, before Halo, the making of Halo 1, gameographies)

And the said tin case.
Sat 13/11/04 at 13:50
Regular
"Silence Is Silver!!"
Crystal wrote:
> Thanks for your reply.
> My son is into gaming.
>
> The package seems a good deal to me and I will probably go for that -
> but was wondering what the Special Edition offers.

a making of a metal tin case different/rare manual etc
Sat 13/11/04 at 13:37
Regular
Thanks for your reply.
My son is into gaming.

The package seems a good deal to me and I will probably go for that - but was wondering what the Special Edition offers.
Sat 13/11/04 at 13:27
Regular
"Silence Is Silver!!"
It depends is your child a big gamer if he isn't you can pass away with the normal edition of halo and the halo 2 plus 12 months live is a good deal.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.