GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Yer Current Book"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 05/04/05 at 23:23
Regular
Currently reading two books, well, started one then decided I wanted a short story book.

So I'm on Michael Marshall Smiths 'What you Make it' - rather more twisted and random than his novels, but of the same high quality. Also 'Century Rain' by Alastair Reynolds - Only got a chapter or two through this but so far so good.

Just ordered 'Motherf***ers' by David Britton. Supposedly one of the darkest novels about, was banned a few years back for its satirical take on the holocaust. Fancied something a bit different. Also, 'Valis' by PKD. One of his most mind-bending efforts written after he had a psychotic episode due to drugs, whereby he met God. Sounds sublime.

So, what up in the world of literature?
Sun 12/06/05 at 15:22
Regular
"Laughingstock"
Just started Zazie In The Metro.
Sun 12/06/05 at 14:53
Regular
"Not a Jew"
C®ø§$ Bób wrote:
> Im reading Stig of the Dump then moving on to The Hobbit soon.

Careful crossbob, The Hobbit doesn't have any pictures.
Sun 12/06/05 at 14:27
"Retarded List"
Just finished 'Salems Lot by Stephen King.
Sat 11/06/05 at 20:57
Regular
Mr Snuggly wrote:
> Just read No Logo for uni, was most enlightening.

Really? I might read that. I see it staring down it me from the shelf.
Sat 11/06/05 at 20:47
Regular
Gravity's Rainbow. Absolutely fantastic, mind-bending and takes a lot of perserverance but very rewarding.
Sat 11/06/05 at 00:10
Regular
"Catch it!"
Im reading Stig of the Dump then moving on to The Hobbit soon.
Fri 10/06/05 at 14:17
Regular
I've begun to read 1984 again.

Quality book.
Wed 06/04/05 at 13:05
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Ive read a brief history also and yes, it's a bit of a mindjob.
Tue 05/04/05 at 23:41
Regular
I've got both of hawkings books. They're a bit hard on the old cranium and I found them hard reading after a while.

Not that I'm thick, course, I just felt like I was sat in a physics lesson.

Love all that stuff tho.
Tue 05/04/05 at 23:37
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
You could say that, Bryson's novel is of course a lot more generalised and because he didnt really know anything before writing the book (as he confesses in the introduction) its probably a bit easier for people with a non-scientific background to get the jist of.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.