GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Short Story Competition 22"

The "Creative Writing" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 05/04/05 at 13:26
"possibly impossible"
Argh! So hard to choose. But choose I must, and don't feel left out if you're not a winner, you're all winners anyway, there's more talent in this forum than can be found at a writers guild prize ceremony...

So, without further ado, I shall give you the top 3...

3. Lawrence - for someone who has only produced a few stories, I really enjoyed this one. Some may say it was cliched, but it was a good story, none-the-less.

2. Meka-Dragon - Perfect example of a romantic story.

1. Ashman - Just on time, but the story is superb. I guess it's something I can relate to as well, but it was told so well that I think anyone can feel the emotion there. Reminded me of the Wires (the Athlete song).

Well, doesn't time fly? SSC 22 already.

And now for something slightly different...

The idea remains the same, a topic name which you can write a story about, but this time I've introduced 3 skill levels, just for those who want to push themselves a little bit further.

No extra marks will be awarded for picking a harder level, it's just a bit of fun to see who takes up the challenge.

And so, on to the topic...

Heart and Soul (as inspired by 80's pop sensations T'Pau)

Skill Level 1
Write a story based on the topic. Just like normal really.

Skill Level 2
The story has to be a love story and contain no violence

Skill Level 3
As above, but set in a contemporary setting from the point of view of a woman (or, if you're female, from the point of view of a man).

The challenge is set. The closing date is midnight on 11th April. Yes, you heard right. You only have 1 week for this one, due to me being in India after that.

Go. Go. Go...
Tue 12/04/05 at 18:48
Regular
Nice one Ashman, I never read your story since I'm not into love tales. But I assume its good since you won.
Tue 12/04/05 at 15:58
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Ahar, yey. Muchly thanks pb.

I will post the next competition later today.
Tue 12/04/05 at 14:49
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
There were some flipping good entries to say the deadline was so quick. Well done Ash

.. and those who share your podium :)
Tue 12/04/05 at 11:16
Regular
Finally, nice one Ash. :)
Tue 12/04/05 at 10:42
Regular
No, I'm the only winner.
Tue 12/04/05 at 10:34
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Well done to the winners. But in truth, we're all winners really.
Tue 12/04/05 at 04:28
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
We all know he said that to you, so would carry on doing the sexual favours for him that you promised.

You been taken for a fool..

*Pat's Strikes head*

There, There.
Tue 12/04/05 at 00:40
Regular
I won really. He called me to tell me personally.
Tue 12/04/05 at 00:37
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
Whoo, go me!
Tue 12/04/05 at 00:35
"possibly impossible"
The winners are in. But honestly, it was so hard to choose that you all should have won based on loads of different things...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.