GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Not too sure about Resi 4 anymore"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Resident Evil 4'.
Sat 13/11/04 at 20:22
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
When RE4 was announced, I saw the initial pictures, and thought "This looks good, I don't want it spoiled for me, so I won't look at too much media for it in advance." Anyway, I could hardly help finding out that the zombies are replaced by "villagers" who can use tools and stuff, and catching sight of the odd screen shot in which there's an over-the-shoulder view for combat.

Last night, I decided to download a video of it. Erm....I'm not very impressed. These villagers are basically people, with make up on. They not only come at you intelligently with weapons, but TALK TO EACH OTHER. The first person (ish) view makes it look more like a light gun arcade game than something that'll actually scare you. And because of that, they've had to make it fully 3D, which is again a bad move in my book.

And the storyline looks like trousers.

I'll buy it anyway, because I'm a fan of the series, and it'll still be leagues ahead of most other stuff, but I really can't shake off the feeling that it's heading downhill. Let's hope the next RE game carries on from where number 3 left off, gets back to basics with pre-rendered backgrounds and a storyline that doesn't feel like a sub-plot.

PS I know how most of you will respond to this, so you might as well save your righteous indignation.
Sat 13/11/04 at 21:58
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
I actually had. Resi 4 down two more notches on the anticipation scale.
Sat 13/11/04 at 20:36
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
And you can't forget the MAD MONKS!
Sat 13/11/04 at 20:24
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I'm sure there'll be suitably carniverous mutants and crazy story to go in there as well...
Sat 13/11/04 at 20:22
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
When RE4 was announced, I saw the initial pictures, and thought "This looks good, I don't want it spoiled for me, so I won't look at too much media for it in advance." Anyway, I could hardly help finding out that the zombies are replaced by "villagers" who can use tools and stuff, and catching sight of the odd screen shot in which there's an over-the-shoulder view for combat.

Last night, I decided to download a video of it. Erm....I'm not very impressed. These villagers are basically people, with make up on. They not only come at you intelligently with weapons, but TALK TO EACH OTHER. The first person (ish) view makes it look more like a light gun arcade game than something that'll actually scare you. And because of that, they've had to make it fully 3D, which is again a bad move in my book.

And the storyline looks like trousers.

I'll buy it anyway, because I'm a fan of the series, and it'll still be leagues ahead of most other stuff, but I really can't shake off the feeling that it's heading downhill. Let's hope the next RE game carries on from where number 3 left off, gets back to basics with pre-rendered backgrounds and a storyline that doesn't feel like a sub-plot.

PS I know how most of you will respond to this, so you might as well save your righteous indignation.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.