GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"WrestleMania XXI Results Thread"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 04/04/05 at 00:09
Regular
WWE WrestleMania XXI
Hollywood, California
3rd April, 2005

1. Eddie Guerrero vs Rey Mysterio
My prediction: Eddie Guerrero
Result: Rey Mysterio (12:40)
Match Rating: 8/10 - Some really good spots, even though Mysterio kept adjusting his loose mask.

Triple H took the mickey out of JBL in a rather humorous segment, ending with Flair scaring the cack out of Orlando.

Oh, and we saw Adam Sandler and Rob Schneider there. Cool.

2. Money-In-The-Bank Ladder Match
Edge vs. Christian vs. Chris Benoit vs. Shelton Benjamin vs. Y2J vs. Kane
Prediction: Edge
Result: Edge (15:16)
Match Rating: 8/10 - Some really cool spots here - e.g. Shelton running up the ladder, and Benoit headbutting the hell out of Kane (and himself). Should've been a bit longer though, and it seems as though there was pretty much just two people fighting at any one time.

Eugene then came out, and Hassan interrupts him after a bit. Hassan attacks Eugene, and OH MY GOD - out comes Hulk Hogan! He absolutely kills Hassan and Daivari. Would've been good if there was a inpromptu squash match between them. Cue a very long celebration from Hogan.

3. Undertaker vs. Randy Orton
Prediction: Undertaker
Result: Undertaker (14:15)
Match Rating: 7.5/10 - I predicted Bob Orton would come out with a cast on, so I was pretty chuffed when he did. Still, he got a boot in the face, and Orton, the cocky git he is, got his comeuppance after trying to finish Taker off with his own Tombstone. Pretty good match in the closing minutes.

4. Women’s Championship
Christy vs. Trish (c)
Prediction: Christy
Result: Trish (4:42)
Match Rating: 5/10 - Pretty dire match, with a 3-count screw up near the end. Still, gets a higher rating than I would normally give, as Christy's panties went out of alignment near the end, and you could see...everything.

5. Kurt Angle vs. Shawn Michaels
Prediction: Shawn Michaels
Result: Kurt Angle (27:26)
Match Rating: 8.5/10 - I would rate this higher, but the first 15 minutes were pretty boring. The last 10-15 minutes were great, though, and the finish was nail-biting. Angle must've had him in that Angle Lock for a good 2-3 minutes before he tapped, although it was inevitable he'd tap as soon as Angle sat down with it applied.

Stacey Keibler won a WMXXI trailer award.

The Piper's Pit segment starts, Austin gets an awful reaction. Carlito comes out after a few minutes. Piper steals his apple, spits it at him, and Carlito attacks him. Austin stunners Carlito, has a few beers with him and then predictably stunners him. I laughed at Austin dropping a beer though, and Pipe being unable to keep up with Austin's drinking.

Whilst they set up for the Sumo match, we see the best overall WMXXI trailer award, going to the "You talking to me?" trailer.

6. Sumo Match
Big Show vs. Akebono
Prediction: Big Show
Result: Akebono (1:03)
Match Rating: 2/10 - Pretty dire match, but I didn't expect much really. There were some rather unpleasant shots of the Big Show's lower area once he was chucked out of the ring, so this gets a 2 rather than a 3.

7. WWE Championship
John Cena vs. JBL (c)
Prediction: John Cena
Result: John Cena (11:27)
Match Rating: 6/10 - The match was pretty slow going, and then out of nowhere came Cena with the win. Kinda disappointing really, I expected it to slowly build up to a good 5-10 minutes of back and forth fighting.

There's then a Hall of Fame segment, where all of the inductees come out, which explains why they made the Cena match so damn short. Still, Roddy Piper and Bob Orton coming out after getting their bums handed to them was a bit odd.

8. World Heavyweight Championship
Batista vs. Triple H (c)
Prediction: Batista
Result: Batista (21:35)
Match Rating - 7/10 - The match didn't really get good until the last 5 or so minutes. Not a terribly great match, and I was generous to give it 7.

Overall, an OK WrestleMania, but last year was FAR better.
Fri 08/04/05 at 23:12
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Ant wrote:
> But y'know, there are some stupid people out there, and some stupid
> parents out there. I'm sure there are thousands of men out there who
> literally worship Austin and I expect than can rub off on their kids
> too.

Aye, but the keyword there is 'stupid'. Anyone with half a brain will know that you just can't attack anyone for no reason and that violence is a bad thing. Austin or anyone else can't be held accountable for stupid people doing stupid things.

> I totally agree with your point, but I don't think you can ignore
> outside influences either.

I'm not ignoring them i just don't think you can blame them for someones behaviour. It is up to the parents to raise their child and make sure they know what is right and what is wrong, sadly i feel this has been lost in society with the upsurge of the compensation culture and nanny state
Fri 08/04/05 at 23:08
Regular
"Forum Tweener"
Hmm. Nice mini-rant there, Kawada.
I agree with parents taking responsibility for their children, but I also dislike the Austin gimmick, it is hypocritical. Austin should be booed when he attacks people for no reason, but hey he's being doing that for what? Almost ten years? Bah.
Fri 08/04/05 at 23:07
Regular
"I like cheese"
Oh yeah well of course, I've been lucky enough to have good parents which is why I think I don't see people like Austin as rolemodels at all.

Or maybe I'm just a pansy.

But y'know, there are some stupid people out there, and some stupid parents out there. I'm sure there are thousands of men out there who literally worship Austin and I expect than can rub off on their kids too.

I totally agree with your point, but I don't think you can ignore outside influences either.
Fri 08/04/05 at 23:02
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Ant wrote:
> I know it's only storyline, but the hypocrisy gets to me. I don't
> like Austin's character either, surely that type of face will only
> breed bullying in schools? Impressionable young kids watch, and I
> would hope that they follow the examples of faces like Shawn Michaels
> moreso than your average bully like Austin.

Or maybe it's up to the parents to let their kids know what is wrong and what is right and that bullying is a bad thing? Yes i know parents actually raising their kids themselves these days is a shocking thing to contemplate but let's give it a whirl.

Sorry but i just find this whole subject annoying *oh my kid swears like a trooper, it must be because he saw Wayne Rooney say a swear word, forget the fact me and my wife are always swearing our heads off in front of him*

That's even going by the thinking that kids are so brainwashed by what they see on tv anyway
Fri 08/04/05 at 22:12
Regular
"I like cheese"
To be honest, Austin's gimmick these days has become "bully."

I love the way JR is free to throw insults at all the heels who attack faces, but when Simon Dean and Maven are merely presenting their product, Austin's made out to be a hero by beating up both of them.

I know it's only storyline, but the hypocrisy gets to me. I don't like Austin's character either, surely that type of face will only breed bullying in schools? Impressionable young kids watch, and I would hope that they follow the examples of faces like Shawn Michaels moreso than your average bully like Austin.

Moral rant over.
Fri 08/04/05 at 19:34
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
Good ol' Sky Sports
Fri 08/04/05 at 13:49
Regular
Jae wrote:
> Good PPV, although I wouldn't say it was worth the money. Good, but
> too expensive. :D

Count yourself lucky you don't live in America. They have to pay for every event, and it costs a lot more than what we pay.
Thu 07/04/05 at 22:15
Regular
"Far Beyond Metal"
I liked the beginning where Piper said "Welcome to Pipers Pit, it's good to have you", then slapped Austin in the face and he replied "It's good to be here" and slapped him back.

Heh. :D
Thu 07/04/05 at 22:08
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
Jae wrote:
>
> Pipers Pit made me laugh. Was good.

Yeah, I liked the way Piper played on the crowds 'What?' chant, and then when Stone COld said something and they said 'What' and Piper said, 'What you ant understand him either?'

:) And Orton Vs Taker wasn't too
> bad. I liked the RKO reversal.

The RKO reversal was good, but so was the tombstone reversal. Orton is more athletic than some ot Takers recent opponents (Heidenreich/Reigns) so they pulled that reversal off well.
Thu 07/04/05 at 21:07
Regular
"Far Beyond Metal"
I liked Motorhead... Can't wait till I see them live later this year...

I thought Wrestlemania was a decent PPV overall. Liked Eddie Vs Rey, Angle Vs HBK and the ladder match was amazing, but way too short. Those matches could've taken the whole 4 hours and I'd have been happy with that. :D

Pipers Pit made me laugh. Was good. :) And Orton Vs Taker wasn't too bad. I liked the RKO reversal.

Good PPV, although I wouldn't say it was worth the money. Good, but too expensive. :D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.