GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Web Graphics"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 02/04/05 at 22:35
"Dark FX"
Hello. I just stumbled upon a website which displays the author's Graphical work. [URL] http://www.remosworld.net/gallery.html [/URL] . What software do you guys recommend for this kind of work? He says he used 'Poser' and 'Bryce'
Tue 05/04/05 at 00:05
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Coin wrote:
> Maya can be quite good at that...

ok, just to clarify (not to nitpick, but it's a common misconception). Maya is an extremely powerful tool but can't be "quite good" at anything creative. that's all down to the designer, there are no magic buttons in any high end 3d apps that will do all the hard work for you.
to produce this kind of work takes practice and a degree of artistic vision, maya/max/lightwave/cinema 4d/whatever are just tools.

Poser is very useful now you can save to formats that can import into another 3d app.

3ds MAX is the most user friendly of the bunch i'd say (from the perspective that my modelling is rubbish and even i can get some good results with it) and Maya is the most powerful, but is not quite as intuitive as max. it just "looks" a lot more daunting as well.

Maya PLE is available from the alias/wavefront website and max 7 student version is available from discreets site for a reasonable price.

some of that guys work is very nice, although his lighting needs work in places, sometimes it just looks like the characters are placed onto the scene in a depthless, fuzzy-felt kinda way.
Sun 03/04/05 at 20:27
"Dark FX"
Downloaded the free versions of Poser and Bryce and just downloaded Maya but having problems with the installation. Thanks for the suggestions
Sun 03/04/05 at 09:17
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
This.Celluloid.Dream wrote:
> He says he
> used 'Poser' and 'Bryce'

Bryce and Poser are no-brainer 3D apps, mainly consisting of pre defined libraries with changes made using value adjustment. Bryce is actually a very good app for landscaping, very highly rated, and available for free if you can find a copy of Computer Arts Nov 2004.

I haven't used Poser for years though understand it has developed a long way since v.1 and is now quite a powerful app for creating life forms and eing able to import them into Maya/Lightwave etc for rendering/animating.

If your looking at getting into 3D, download the student licence of Maya, it has some restrictions and watermarks your final renders, but Maya is one of the most complex 3D apps out there and the tutorials/support are very good for beginners.

DOn't do as much 3D work as I used to. I'm originally an AutoCad kiddie (from my days as a Mechanical Design Engineer), but recently, I've got back into Maya/Lightwave/Plasma and Swift (Swift is a 3D rendering application for Flash)
Sun 03/04/05 at 01:25
Regular
"Dr. Chad Niga"
To get you started, try Vue d'esprit by e-on software.
Its very good. And is good for all levels of use.
Sun 03/04/05 at 00:10
Regular
"Bicycle"
Maya can be quite good at that...
Sat 02/04/05 at 22:35
"Dark FX"
Hello. I just stumbled upon a website which displays the author's Graphical work. [URL] http://www.remosworld.net/gallery.html [/URL] . What software do you guys recommend for this kind of work? He says he used 'Poser' and 'Bryce'

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.