GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Buying Flash MP3 Players"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 02/04/05 at 16:04
Regular
"stumbling blocks"
Hey everyone,

I'm in the market for a good, really small flash MP3 player.

I've looked at the iPod Shuffle but am put off by the lack of a screen and choice of playlist. I've heard that new players from Sony have an impressive storage capacity and battery life and models are also available with a built in FM Tuner.

I've never owned Sony stuff before and was wandering what your experiences of them are. Build quality, design, ease of use etc.

Cheers,

Ed
Fri 08/04/05 at 10:19
Regular
My Zen Micro still works perfectly, and I use it for hours every day.

Pwn!
Thu 07/04/05 at 22:26
"period drama"
Anyone should be able to make do with 30G.
That's probably more than a solid week's worth of music.
Thu 07/04/05 at 14:35
Regular
"Incomprehendible"
Cong_Man wrote:
> Well, I managed to fill my 40GB one. Before it broke...so I'm guessing
> I need to go up, or actually bother clearing out some of my rubbish
> albums/downloads...
>
> It was about £260 I think...although I'll be using my contacts
> to Procure one much cheaper than that.

If you filled 40GB, then I guess the only option is to go up.

Although as you say about removing albums, it depends how on how much of your music you feel you need carry with you.

You could get away with the 30GB easily if you only carried what you knew you were going to listen to.
Thu 07/04/05 at 13:59
"period drama"
Yummy.
30 hours battery?

Now there's a jism.
Thu 07/04/05 at 13:57
Regular
millsner wrote:
> If you think the Sony NW-HD3 is cool, check out the all new NW-HD5.
> [URL]http://www.t3.co.uk/news/default.asp?pagetypeid=2&articleid=35211&subsectionid=753[/URL]
>
> Even smaller than the NW-HD3 (infact the smallest 20gb player
> available), a 40 hour battery life, a cool 7-line display that
> rotates either horizontally or vertically according to the position
> of the player and available in red, silver or black for £199.

That thing looks awesome, and cheap too.

I want one.
Thu 07/04/05 at 13:21
Regular
"..."
Well, I managed to fill my 40GB one. Before it broke...so I'm guessing I need to go up, or actually bother clearing out some of my rubbish albums/downloads...

It was about £260 I think...although I'll be using my contacts to Procure one much cheaper than that.
Thu 07/04/05 at 08:54
Regular
"Incomprehendible"
Cong_Man wrote:
>
> I'm considering getting the 60Gb version. is it honestly worth
> shelling out for?

How much is it?

And that is a hell of a lot of space, you could get about 32,000 wma songs on that if my maths is right.

The Xtra still acts as a USB drive for documents and images as well, so I don't really know any of any possible differences between the 30GB and the 60GB besides the storage space.
Wed 06/04/05 at 14:56
Well, it depends how much music you have. In all other aspects they are the same.
Wed 06/04/05 at 14:20
Regular
"..."
Highly Excitable wrote:
> Got me a ZEN Xtra just the other day, and haven't had any problems
> (yet, anyway).
>
> Seems to be the player I've been looking for really.
>
> 30GB is going to take a little while to fill up...

I'm considering getting the 60Gb version. is it honestly worth shelling out for?
Wed 06/04/05 at 14:13
Regular
"What's In The Box?"
If you think the Sony NW-HD3 is cool, check out the all new NW-HD5.
[URL]http://www.t3.co.uk/news/default.asp?pagetypeid=2&articleid=35211&subsectionid=753[/URL]

Even smaller than the NW-HD3 (infact the smallest 20gb player available), a 40 hour battery life, a cool 7-line display that rotates either horizontally or vertically according to the position of the player and available in red, silver or black for £199.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.