GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Rugby. For a change."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 01/04/05 at 18:49
Regular
Although I chat about football on here most of the time, rugby is my favourite sport. Just wondering who on here is into it at all. Favourite club? Do you follow your nation? Favourite player?

I'm Welsh, so happy about the Six Nations, and I'm from Swansea, so I follow the Neath-Swansea Ospreys, who have just won the Celtic League. Which is nice. Wish I was so lucky in football terms. My grandad has been a Swansea fan all his life but got so angry when they merged with Neath for the Celtic League he stopped supporting them. But he got me into them, so I still go to matches when I'm down there. We have Gavin Henson, by the way. He's "rugby's David Beckham", apparently. Just because he's doing Charlotte Church (good lad). No. If he's anyone, he's rugby's Milan Baros :) (Gay hair? Check.). He's not the best player for the Ospreys though, in my opinion(although he is our talisman. Our JT or Stevie to put it into context for you). That honour goes to Shane Williams. Fantastic winger.

Favourite player ever is Ieuan Evans, Welsh winger. Legendary player, went on 2 Lions Tours, last one being in 1997. Was all-time Welsh top try-scorer until Gareth Thomas broke the record last year, but Gareth Thomas has played all his games in the professional area and isn't anywhere near the standard of Ieuan. Others on my list :

Jonah Lomu, just for the impact he made. World Cup 95 was an awesome tournament simply because of him demolishing sides who had forwards that were smaller than Jonah. And even with the culture of big backs that is in world rugby nowadays, I bet you Jonah would still be world class. If his kidneys started working again.

Scott Gibbs. Best tackler I've ever seen. Inside centre for Wales in the 90s, formed a D'Arcy/O'Driscoll type partnership with Alan Bateman for long stretches of time. He made the best -ever- tackle in the 95 World Cup. Os Du Randt, one of the heaviest men to play the game, ran at him, got momentum, and Gibbsy defied physics to speartackle the guy into the ground

Olivier Magne - Should have been playing for France this Six Nations, and they'd have done a lot better. Him or Josh Kronfeld - best flanker ever.

Thomas Castingne - Flyhalf/full-back who still plays for the Saracens. Out of favour with the national team at the moment, and god knows why. Brilliant with the ball in hand.

That's about it, really. Your turn. And no "rugby sucks cos footie is better". That'd just get me angry. Football games can be boring for long stretches of time, whereas it's always building towards a score in rugby. And I'm not knocking football, mind. I like that too.
Fri 01/04/05 at 18:49
Regular
Although I chat about football on here most of the time, rugby is my favourite sport. Just wondering who on here is into it at all. Favourite club? Do you follow your nation? Favourite player?

I'm Welsh, so happy about the Six Nations, and I'm from Swansea, so I follow the Neath-Swansea Ospreys, who have just won the Celtic League. Which is nice. Wish I was so lucky in football terms. My grandad has been a Swansea fan all his life but got so angry when they merged with Neath for the Celtic League he stopped supporting them. But he got me into them, so I still go to matches when I'm down there. We have Gavin Henson, by the way. He's "rugby's David Beckham", apparently. Just because he's doing Charlotte Church (good lad). No. If he's anyone, he's rugby's Milan Baros :) (Gay hair? Check.). He's not the best player for the Ospreys though, in my opinion(although he is our talisman. Our JT or Stevie to put it into context for you). That honour goes to Shane Williams. Fantastic winger.

Favourite player ever is Ieuan Evans, Welsh winger. Legendary player, went on 2 Lions Tours, last one being in 1997. Was all-time Welsh top try-scorer until Gareth Thomas broke the record last year, but Gareth Thomas has played all his games in the professional area and isn't anywhere near the standard of Ieuan. Others on my list :

Jonah Lomu, just for the impact he made. World Cup 95 was an awesome tournament simply because of him demolishing sides who had forwards that were smaller than Jonah. And even with the culture of big backs that is in world rugby nowadays, I bet you Jonah would still be world class. If his kidneys started working again.

Scott Gibbs. Best tackler I've ever seen. Inside centre for Wales in the 90s, formed a D'Arcy/O'Driscoll type partnership with Alan Bateman for long stretches of time. He made the best -ever- tackle in the 95 World Cup. Os Du Randt, one of the heaviest men to play the game, ran at him, got momentum, and Gibbsy defied physics to speartackle the guy into the ground

Olivier Magne - Should have been playing for France this Six Nations, and they'd have done a lot better. Him or Josh Kronfeld - best flanker ever.

Thomas Castingne - Flyhalf/full-back who still plays for the Saracens. Out of favour with the national team at the moment, and god knows why. Brilliant with the ball in hand.

That's about it, really. Your turn. And no "rugby sucks cos footie is better". That'd just get me angry. Football games can be boring for long stretches of time, whereas it's always building towards a score in rugby. And I'm not knocking football, mind. I like that too.
Fri 01/04/05 at 19:41
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
I'm one of them who'll only support England if they do well; if they don't do well, then I don't want to know.
Fri 01/04/05 at 20:06
Regular
"I like cheese"
Rugby sucks.

:P
Fri 01/04/05 at 20:12
Regular
"I like cheese"
Heh, nah, personally I much prefer cricket, football and basketball to the ol' egg-chasing, but the World Cup did have me gripped.

I really want the new England shirts too. They have them at AllSports in Basildon, but they're £75 :(
Fri 01/04/05 at 22:45
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Not even people who play rugby like rugby, it's that bad. They're just too fat to play football, and can't grasp the concept of not using your hands to take something from one place to another.
Fri 01/04/05 at 23:55
Regular
Once, a rugby player got so angry that the opposition had won he squeezed the ball with his mighty paws, and squashed it into a round shape. He then threw this at the village retard in anger, knocking him about the head and yet further retarding him. The simple bumpkin wasn't good enough to play rugby, so he kicked around this odd shaped ball. Soon enough, other retards and Phil Neville started to play with him, and football was born.
Sat 02/04/05 at 00:14
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Rugby is your favourite sport?

I think... I think I'm going to faint.
Sat 02/04/05 at 10:02
Regular
Don't worry, I won't mention it much. Me and my dad never chat about football, only rugby. So this place is for football. Just felt people should know I'm not a one-trick pony. I play squash as well. Ain't I grand?
Sat 02/04/05 at 12:37
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Wrong code.
Sat 02/04/05 at 12:49
Regular
You're right, it's SO the wrong code. So much so, your best player has chosen to switch to this 'wrong' code.

League sucks. It's boring and they're too scared to have rucks.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.