GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Vieira or Stam?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 25/05/01 at 15:00
Regular
Being an avid Arsenal fan, I'd say Vieira is the best Arsenal and Premiership player, one of wold class and he's just great, but who would you choose in a team out of Jaap Stam and Vieira?

Vote now!
Wed 14/10/09 at 20:21
"The Boss Lady"
"Regurgitate Indulgence: ‘Unborn But Forgotten’ and the Repetitive Fear Cycle of New Asian Horror" - 2008

Montage Film Reviews freelancer writer Oliver Pfeiffer BA (Hons) has written a review of the film 'Unborn But Forgotten (Hayanbang)' 2002 (dir. Chang-jae Lim).

To read the review see HERE
Sun 17/06/01 at 20:52
Viera is an ill disciplined and over rated player. He is given the poistion by his compatriot Wenger, and without the support of the ever aging back four would be useless.

Stam on the other hand is a well trained defender, and albeit often slow and clumsy, his size makes him feared by strikers like Viera.

Stam has earned his reputation, Viera has had it handed it to him be Wenger
Wed 30/05/01 at 01:11
Regular
i know it was only in the paper. But did anyone hear about Man u bidding for Viera? United would be unstoppable with Keane and Viera in the centre of Midfield.
Tue 29/05/01 at 23:43
Regular
Both, different positions you see!!
Tue 29/05/01 at 23:42
Stam is a good full back but Vieira is much more sought after!!!
Tue 29/05/01 at 14:17
all I have to say is Stam. no doubt.
Sun 27/05/01 at 01:39
Regular
Plus, viera may lose some of his edge if things keep going the way they are. The FA seem to fine him every time he gets sent off.
Sat 26/05/01 at 16:46
Regular
"Back in black"
thanks khazar, it is nice to see some one around appreciates my posts!
Sat 26/05/01 at 16:41
Regular
"CYA GUYS"
S'pose they both have their good points. Excellent paragraph on Stam Ib.
Sat 26/05/01 at 16:12
Regular
"Back in black"
well as you all seem to be going for vieira i am going to say stam, for a few reasons, one being that stam has a better disiplinary record than vieira, so you would be more confident about keeping him on the field all the time.

two would be that as good as vieira is at defending stam is that much better at it, he also alot stronger when on the ball making harder to shrugg of and he makes himself a wall to get past if you are a striker.

One of vieira's plus points is that he is more skillfair, he has more flair than stam does, but it does not make him a better player, just more of a exiting player to watch.

But one thing that makes this a hard decision is that they are both completely different players, stam is a strong tall defender whilst vieira is a quick assiting midfielder, you reall needed to pick to players who have a similar role, ie Roy Keane and Patrick Vieira or Jaap Stam and Tony Adams, then you could compare the stats of each player.

As it is though i am going to selct Stam as the better of the two players, sorry arsesnal fans!!
chris.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.