GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What is your favourite position in football?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 31/03/05 at 15:31
Regular
"the whites are goin"
Mine is right wing back because i think it is a great attcking role from a defensive position and from the was that football has developed it is quite a rare role, but teams that use it usually play exciting football due to the attacking momentum. What is your fave position?
Thu 31/03/05 at 23:45
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Georgey5 wrote:
> Flock wrote:
> attacking midfield position.
>
> You have to be a good player to do that and on agood team
>
> Not saying you aint but its a role for the most talented.

Ok looking objectively on what i can and can't do, my passing is excellent but i usually can't tackle well, i'm not quick enough for the wing anymore but i'm mentally quick enough to be able to see gaps, play through balls etc, i dont get many chances and because of that i tend to make sure of them when i do. It really is my perfect role but i could do with being a little quicker physically.
I know what you mean about the team, it's more about being organised though, as long as people stick to their tasks it works well, what i didn't like was the winger taking it out wide and always losing it trying to get to the line or the defenders coming too far up and bypassing the mids or playing straight over the top.
Thu 31/03/05 at 23:36
Regular
I play right back...love going forward along the wing, dribbling past a few guys and putting in a good cross. Defending is pretty good too if they don't get past you ;) I used to play right midfield too but found I got muscled off the ball too much.
Thu 31/03/05 at 23:18
Regular
"I like cheese"
I play 11-a-side, and to be honest my only asset is my pace, heh. So I enjoy playing out and out striker, Mikey Owen style.

I did play left-back for a few years though, strangely. I rather enjoyed it too.
Thu 31/03/05 at 22:28
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
When I used to play football, I'd be the striker usually and I'd prefer to play up front, although I'm sometimes put back as a defender because I'm not too bad there.

Can't play a great deal because of an ongoing illness.
Thu 31/03/05 at 22:26
Regular
My favourite position would have to be the 'Doggy'

Oh ... and in football ... bent over in front of Wayne Rooney - get in there!
Thu 31/03/05 at 22:23
Regular
Basically I play wing-back. Don't play 11-a-side, just 5 or 6 a-side, so wing backs are the key :)
Thu 31/03/05 at 22:19
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
In 11-a-side games i used to play in goal but for 5-a-side i was a central defender
Thu 31/03/05 at 22:17
Regular
in 11 a side i play combative centre midfield. Love going in for the challenge again and again! also a lot of options on where to direct the ball and allows far more influence.

Usually play upfront in 5 a side.
Thu 31/03/05 at 20:00
Regular
"betterthanmoneymake"
Flock wrote:
> I'm going to predict most people will say just behind the front two in
> that attacking midfield position. I know thats my choice.

You have to be a good player to do that and on agood team

Not saying you aint but its a role for the most talented.
Thu 31/03/05 at 17:09
Regular
"Monochromatic"
I'm going to predict most people will say just behind the front two in that attacking midfield position. I know thats my choice.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.