GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"New hardrive"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 30/03/05 at 16:12
"Dark FX"
Hello. Just connected a new hard drive. The device manager says it's working properly but I can't see it from 'My computer'. Can anyone help me out?
Wed 30/03/05 at 16:12
"Dark FX"
Hello. Just connected a new hard drive. The device manager says it's working properly but I can't see it from 'My computer'. Can anyone help me out?
Wed 30/03/05 at 16:22
Regular
"NULL"
You may need to format it all properly before Windows Explorer or My Computer will pick it up.

Are you using Windows XP?
Wed 30/03/05 at 16:23
"Dark FX"
Nimco wrote:
> Are you using Windows XP?

Yeah
Wed 30/03/05 at 16:25
Regular
"Acid Casual"
Right click my computer, manage.

Click on disk management on the rhs.

If it showing on there you should be able to right click in and format it.
Wed 30/03/05 at 16:26
Regular
"NULL"
Is it visible in Windows Explorer at all? If so, do you get an error about it not being formatted when you try to go to it?

If not, try this. You need to get to Disk Management. Go to: Start > Run > Type: diskmgmt.msc > OK

You should see several different drives. Can you post what you see there - including whether it lists each one as Healthy or whatever?
Wed 30/03/05 at 16:28
Regular
"Acid Casual"
Craw wrote:

> Click on disk management on the rhs.
>

Of course, I actually meant LHS.

Curse my ambidextrousness.
Wed 30/03/05 at 16:31
"Dark FX"
It doesn't recognize it. It only lists drive C, G (usb) and F (all of which are healthy but i guess that is relevant)
Wed 30/03/05 at 16:33
Regular
"NULL"
What does device manager say about it?
Wed 30/03/05 at 16:35
"Dark FX"
Device manager says it's working properly
Wed 30/03/05 at 16:41
Regular
"NULL"
What does it list it as though?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.