GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Read Receipts"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 30/03/05 at 11:06
Regular
Read receipts?
can I alter the message that my read receipt sends out? I use Outlook Express V6 on Widows 98 second edition, at present its rather boring! it says

This is a receipt for the mail you sent to
<**********@scotlandfans.com> at 30/03/05 10:56

This receipt verifies that the message has been displayed on the recipient's computer at 30/03/05 11:08

I would like to change it to something funny! any ideas?
Thu 31/03/05 at 16:05
Regular
Nope been here before... I have asked the audience! they said NO I havent any friends left to phone... and 50 50 is no good so I am affraid I am going to walk away from it Chris, I am going to take the bog standard receipt and accept it. Final answer he he
Thu 31/03/05 at 13:33
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Nooo, download XVI32, open the DLL, and the receipt text is at F5AA. Go on, you know you want to.
Thu 31/03/05 at 13:20
Regular
How do I recover a corrupt file? .....fooled ya! nope I agree leave it seems to be the best solution with this one.

Cheers
Wed 30/03/05 at 18:47
"Are you sure?"
Leave it !

Your next question will be "how do I recover a corrupt OE file..."

;¬)
Wed 30/03/05 at 16:00
Regular
Likely!? Ok whats one of those then? he he does windows have one?
Wed 30/03/05 at 15:07
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
You'll need a hex editor I imaging.
Wed 30/03/05 at 15:04
Regular
OK I managed to open it.....and I made a backup just in case, but when I open it in wordpad(to large for notepad) I just see mostly square boxes and jibberish, guess I should leave well alone.
Wed 30/03/05 at 13:12
Regular
"NULL"
You can edit it in Notepad or something similar - shift + right click, open with, notepad.

If you do decide to edit it, MAKE A BACKUP FIRST!!
Wed 30/03/05 at 13:07
Regular
>
>>
> Had a poke around and the message text is held in:
> Program Files\Outlook Express\msoe.dll
> I think you may have trouble editing it though...
>
> EDIT: Obviously you muck about with this at your own risk...

When I found this file its looks like a bit of paper with gear gogs on it? I see no way to edit it? perhaps as you suggest its best left alone, it looks scarey!
Wed 30/03/05 at 13:04
Regular
I think I did ask in the past yes but am sure a never got an answer, hence trying again. Why? surely should be why not? computers are meant to be programmable he he, and actually I dont see my read receipts its others that get them and if I can cheer them up in some small way? then that makes my day all the more worth while he he life is way to short to be to serious all the time its just a bit of harmless fun.

Hmmm... wrote:
> Pandaemonium wrote:
> Immidiate thought is: -
>
> "why?"
>
> I have to agree !
>
> I seem to remember you asked this in the past so you're obviously
> quite keen - as you are the one that will see the message isn't it a
> bit like laughing at your own jokes though !!
>
> Had a poke around and the message text is held in:
> Program Files\Outlook Express\msoe.dll
> I think you may have trouble editing it though...
>
> EDIT: Obviously you muck about with this at your own risk...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.