GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"SSL Certificates"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 13/10/09 at 19:27
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Just had an email from a client who does have his site hosted with Freeola. Apparently he has received an email from Freeola asking him if he would like to purchase SSL Certificates.

I have browsed through Freeola and My Control panel and can find no reference to this or these.

Anybody shed any light?
Wed 14/10/09 at 12:01
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Eccles wrote:
> Dragonlance wrote:
>
> However, receiving emails doesn't really require SSL
> Certificates :-)
>
> The email wasn't suggesting the the SSL Certificate is for use
> with email. It's for use with our VIP hosting where your website
> requires a secure environment, such as taking payments.

Sorry Eccles, maybe it was the way I wrote it but I wasn't suggesting that Freeola's email was, just that my client's site didn't need SSL Certificates for receiving emails. I do agree with you :-)

I shall pass on your comments
Wed 14/10/09 at 10:33
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Dragonlance wrote:

> However, receiving emails doesn't really require SSL
> Certificates :-)

The email wasn't suggesting the the SSL Certificate is for use with email. It's for use with our VIP hosting where your website requires a secure environment, such as taking payments.
Tue 13/10/09 at 22:29
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
motomoto wrote:
> Yup the news is true, we can provide SSL certificates as an add
> on to VIP Hosting. There should be a page in your MyFreeola
> account called 'SSL Secure Certificates', not sure if this only
> shows up if you have VIP Hosting.
>
> We also have a page dedicated to information on our site, you
> can find it here:
>
> SSL
> Certificates.

>
> I think that whoever is writing a news post for the forums is
> still contemplating what to write!

Thanks for the confirmation MM and link.

The 'page link' in MyFreeola returns you to Freeola Home Page, though the link text says otherwise. I think it's only 'correct' within VIP Hosting accounts.

However, receiving emails doesn't really require SSL Certificates :-)
Tue 13/10/09 at 19:43
Staff
"The Killer Techie"
Yup the news is true, we can provide SSL certificates as an add on to VIP Hosting. There should be a page in your MyFreeola account called 'SSL Secure Certificates', not sure if this only shows up if you have VIP Hosting.

We also have a page dedicated to information on our site, you can find it here:

SSL Certificates.

I think that whoever is writing a news post for the forums is still contemplating what to write!
Tue 13/10/09 at 19:27
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Just had an email from a client who does have his site hosted with Freeola. Apparently he has received an email from Freeola asking him if he would like to purchase SSL Certificates.

I have browsed through Freeola and My Control panel and can find no reference to this or these.

Anybody shed any light?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.