GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Went to London today"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 29/03/05 at 19:47
Regular
It was nice. I learnt how to ride the Tube and eveything. I have foreseen ridiculously coloured maps and lots of burly secruity guards saying

"Oh, you want to go from Blue to Green?! Hey, Gus, listen to this loser. He wants to go from Blue to Green?"
"Blue to Green? He'd have to go back to the Black-White-Yellow interchange to do that. That's back in Random District #5"
"You heard him. Black-White-Yellow will get you on to the Green. But Blue? You stupid piece of crap."
"Will this ticket help?"
"That? THAT?! That's a bus ticket, you schmuck. Get out of my sight."

But it was simple. Bit on the Met, bit on the Bakerloo (excellent name, incidentally) and I was in Trafalgar Square. Which was pretty boring, except it had the National Gallery in, which is what I wanted. So I spent a pleasant few hours in there, took in the Carravaggio exhibit, which was nice also.

Then I went to London Aquarium and almost drowned a toddler good and proper because she trying to grab a ray. It was again nice there, because I haven't been diving in over a year therefore haven't seen marine fish for a while. Although it's better in the wild. Less townie 17 year old mothers trying to tell which one is the shark and which is the seaweed.

I proceeded at my leisure to London Zoo. Again on the Bakerloo (still a good name, I hadn't got bored of it yet). They had pigs with beards and a monkey walk. Can't beat a good set of monkeys, but they had no bears. I'm a fan of bears, they do funny stuff and get angry at everything. I saw orang-utans and polar bears in Vienna zoo, so this was a bit of a let down.

Then I had more time left than I'd planned, so I went to Tate Modern even though I'd told a friend I wasn't going there so she didn't come to London at all. She'll probably be angry, but she shouldn't be, because it's an awful mueseum. 6 floors, of which 5 are nothingness and only 1 has anything good. And even then it's only a few Matisses', Magritte's and the odd Pollock.

Bah. That annoyed me. But it was free, so who cares. And they did have a good Monet.

So I went back on the Bakerloo, even though I was tiring of the name, and homewards via the Met.

That was my day. Oh, and I bought arty arty postcards from the galleries and a bouncy ball from the Aquarium. Right now I'm having more fun with the ball.
Tue 29/03/05 at 23:45
Regular
gerrid wrote:
> You should have taken the District Line! It has invisible moths and
> everything!

Visible moths are bad enough>
MOths = scum

Invisible moths would basically be clean moths though, seeing as regular moths are just dust with wings.
Tue 29/03/05 at 21:22
Regular
They dress up as staff, Scooby Doo style
Tue 29/03/05 at 21:21
Regular
I didn't see any. And I've heard they're pretty big. Maybe they were hiding behind the penguins.
Tue 29/03/05 at 21:16
Regular
They did when I went there, shame

They'd also just moved the elephants, are they back?
Tue 29/03/05 at 21:06
Regular
It doesn't have any bears. I told you this.
Tue 29/03/05 at 20:57
Regular
I went to Regent's Park Zoo, a few years pack, was A-ok
Tue 29/03/05 at 20:57
Regular
The New York Undergrounds much more 'swish', faster, cheaper etc. The only problem with any tube system is it's packed full of smelly business men.
Tue 29/03/05 at 20:42
Regular
gerrid wrote:
> You should have taken the District Line! It has invisible moths and
> everything!

And vampires??

{edit} Just wondering..thinking about Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt in that movie.. eh, sorry. It all sounds like such an lovely experience.
Tue 29/03/05 at 20:41
Regular
But you can go both ways!
Tue 29/03/05 at 20:41
Regular
"the burning sky"
We went on a school 'trip' to London. Spent about 20 mins in the science museum and just went wandering round the city. Tho' my mate got his wallet nicked on the first tube ride we went on. He was stupid for wearing such baggu trousers!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.