GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Over 20,000 E-mail Account Passwords leaked online."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 13/10/09 at 16:40
Staff
"The Killer Techie"
I meant to write about this earlier last week, but basically using Phishing web sites a list of over 20,000 E-mail Account's Passwords have been recorded and distributed via various File Sharing channels.

It has been found that the majority of accounts on the list are either Hotmail, Googlemail or Yahoo accounts, this is likely due to the fact that these are the biggest (usually free) E-mail Providers used.

It appears that even the head of the FBI was caught by his Wife halfway through typing his personal details into a Phishing web site! Makes you think really!

Link to FBI story.

Freeola also has a Article/Guide about understanding Phishing Scams, this can be found in the Support section of our Web Site.
Thu 15/10/09 at 13:59
Regular
I like fishing.
Thu 15/10/09 at 13:42
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Move over you fool :P
Thu 15/10/09 at 13:18
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Nobody will ever guess my freeolasucks password.
Thu 15/10/09 at 13:16
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
They were indeed. It was just a programme that grabbed people email addresses from records/sites etc, and run a task to try all the most common passwords that people use.

123456, qwerty, password etc etc
Thu 15/10/09 at 08:02
Regular
I haven't read the story yet but wasn't this about people giving their passwords to an email they received - then that database was released?

I don't think any accounts were actually hacked were they?
Wed 14/10/09 at 21:02
Regular
"never win anything"
just shows you how incompetent people are these days, i deleted my email address the second i heard about this on the news
Tue 13/10/09 at 18:33
Regular
"How Ironic"
Technology has given us some fantastic things, but sometimes, it can be bloody scary.
Tue 13/10/09 at 16:40
Staff
"The Killer Techie"
I meant to write about this earlier last week, but basically using Phishing web sites a list of over 20,000 E-mail Account's Passwords have been recorded and distributed via various File Sharing channels.

It has been found that the majority of accounts on the list are either Hotmail, Googlemail or Yahoo accounts, this is likely due to the fact that these are the biggest (usually free) E-mail Providers used.

It appears that even the head of the FBI was caught by his Wife halfway through typing his personal details into a Phishing web site! Makes you think really!

Link to FBI story.

Freeola also has a Article/Guide about understanding Phishing Scams, this can be found in the Support section of our Web Site.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.