GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"WIP Opinions"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 28/03/05 at 20:35
Regular
"NULL"
I'm looking for opinions for a current work in progress. The main layout/colour scheme has been confirmed by the client, so I can't change that, but anything constructive criticism would be very welcome.

The web site is on my local PC, so if it's not available, it means I'm asleep. Last thing I do before bed is turn it off, and first thing I do in a morning is turn it on.

It is: [URL]http://82.68.64.226/betasites/rallyxpics/[/URL]
Thu 31/03/05 at 18:57
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
All in all, I like it, nice job :)

Though, clicking the Add To Shopping Cart button displays a blank page (but the items are added).
Thu 31/03/05 at 18:52
Regular
"NULL"
OK, if anyone fancies having another look, I've got the shopping cart setup. If anyone fancies trying to break it, please give it your best.

My client wanted the left menu centre aligning, so I've put that back. Other than that, criticism invited.
Tue 29/03/05 at 19:51
Regular
"NULL"
cjh wrote:
> It shouldn't be too difficult to re-create in tableless CSS, it'll
> just be the IE bugs that bite you in the ass.

They are, lots. I've given up. The deadline for the site is looming, and I have other stuff to attend to. It's not doing any harm not being CSS, and it works in all sites.

I'm not good enough with CSS yet to understand all the implications and bugs and things sufficiently for a public release site yet. A bit more development work first, then I'll look at releasing a CSS only site.
Tue 29/03/05 at 19:45
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
I think it looks fine, nice work.

It shouldn't be too difficult to re-create in tableless CSS, it'll just be the IE bugs that bite you in the ass.
Tue 29/03/05 at 12:33
Regular
"NULL"
In which div? If I've got something like:

Lots of body.

which div(s) do I set to "display: inline"? The bodycontainer div, or the two divs within it?

EDIT: Just seen your edit, and .... I love you! Lol. That's what I've been looking for!
Tue 29/03/05 at 12:30
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
display:inline possibly?

Otherwise, have a look at these examples:
[URL]http://www.thenoodleincident.com/tutorials/box_lesson/boxes.html[/URL]
Tue 29/03/05 at 12:21
Regular
"NULL"
How do you display 2
s next to each other without using float?

I've got a sidebar and a main body div, and I want them alongside each other, but I don't want to use float. There must be another way, but I can't find it.
Tue 29/03/05 at 12:01
Regular
"NULL"
Cool. I'm with ya now.
Tue 29/03/05 at 11:41
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Nimco wrote:
> Am I correct in doing this as well? Can you set alt text for the
> div?

No. ALT text is for giving a description of an image when image browsing is turned off if that image has a reason for being there. Using bg images in CSS negates the need for image descriptions as they are only visual furniture and not there for any descriptive purpose.
Tue 29/03/05 at 11:07
Regular
"NULL"
I'm turning the site into CSS at the moment. One thing I noticed when looking at various CSS sites is that when they want to use an image that'll stay the same on every page, they don't use , they use a
with a background image.

Am I correct in doing this as well? Can you set alt text for the div?

If you wanna see how I'm getting on: [URL]http://82.68.64.226/betasites/rallyxpics/index.htm[/URL]

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.