GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Domain problem"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 27/03/05 at 20:27
"Dark FX"
I recently bought a domain from godaddy.com and I am presently using it for my site. However, every page on the website has the domain www.dark-fx.com. Is there a way I can have the page name on the end of the domain? (if that makes sense =S) for example: www.dark-fx.com/members.htm
Sun 27/03/05 at 20:27
"Dark FX"
I recently bought a domain from godaddy.com and I am presently using it for my site. However, every page on the website has the domain www.dark-fx.com. Is there a way I can have the page name on the end of the domain? (if that makes sense =S) for example: www.dark-fx.com/members.htm
Sun 27/03/05 at 20:33
Regular
"NULL"
Sounds like they're using frames to forward your domain. Look for an option in the account settings thingy.

On one of your web pages, go to view source. Does it have frames stuff in there?

EDIT: your site is being hosted at your BT Internet hosting.... If you don't want it to appear like that, you'll prob need some proper hosting (or host it yourself). Unless BT let you use a domain with your web space, which I doubt.
Sun 27/03/05 at 20:46
"Dark FX"
Nimco wrote:
> Sounds like they're using frames to forward your domain. Look for an
> option in the account settings thingy.
>
> On one of your web pages, go to view source. Does it have frames
> stuff in there?

Yeah, they are using frames. I can't find an option to change it though.

> Unless BT let you use a domain with
> your web space, which I doubt.

Well it all works fine except that every page is 'www.dark-fx.com'
Sun 27/03/05 at 21:13
"Are you sure?"
This.Celluloid.Dream wrote:
> Well it all works fine except that every page is 'www.dark-fx.com'

and all your visitors see: www.king.ray.btinternet.co.uk/... when hovering over a link.

Did you buy a hosting package or just domain registration with website forwarding?
Sun 27/03/05 at 21:15
"Dark FX"
Just a domain
Sun 27/03/05 at 21:16
"Dark FX"
I would be able to host the site myself but I've had so many problems with Apache and everything
Sun 27/03/05 at 21:17
"Are you sure?"
Well that's what you get then!
Sun 27/03/05 at 21:21
"Dark FX"
Yeah. I suppose. Thanks

*Mopes*
Sun 27/03/05 at 21:21
"Are you sure?"
This.Celluloid.Dream wrote:
> I would be able to host the site myself but I've had so many problems
> with Apache and everything

Hmmm...

That's one extreme to another! I suggest you just sign up for a hosting package with one of many service providers. I use FREEOLA - co.uk for under £20 and .com for under £30 for two years, works for me.
Sun 27/03/05 at 21:22
Regular
"NULL"
Apache isn't hard to setup - I'm not sure why you've had all these problems - seems very odd. We're hosting a photo site from home now: [URL]http://www.xymail.co.uk/[/URL]

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.