GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Domain problem"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 27/03/05 at 20:27
"Dark FX"
I recently bought a domain from godaddy.com and I am presently using it for my site. However, every page on the website has the domain www.dark-fx.com. Is there a way I can have the page name on the end of the domain? (if that makes sense =S) for example: www.dark-fx.com/members.htm
Tue 29/03/05 at 19:19
"Dark FX"
I think I will just stick to HTML until my mate codes the PHP, then he can host it (hopefully)
Mon 28/03/05 at 17:08
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
I might have a new server available for people if they need website hosting with good limits. It's kinda a Staghosting spinoff, but with a better server.

I'll post back here when I find out more.
Mon 28/03/05 at 16:39
Regular
"NULL"
Yeah, you're probably right. If you're hosting your own site (esp for something like eCommerce), then you wanna really have a dedicated machine for it.
Mon 28/03/05 at 13:30
"Are you sure?"
Personally I still think TCD would be better off with a 'normal' hosting package rather than trying to host the site on his own PC.

If he doesn't now how to tracert etc. then he will come unstuck eventually. He's trying to setup an eCommerce site, the PC would obviously need to be on and available 24x7x365 I wouldn't be surprised if the PC gets unplugged when someone wants to use the hoover! ;¬)
Mon 28/03/05 at 12:26
Regular
"NULL"
It shouldn't be....I can see my Apache server using my external IP address on my PC.
Mon 28/03/05 at 11:54
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
This.Celluloid.Dream wrote:
> Cool. I think Apaches working okay now, it's just the problem of me
> not being able to see it through my external IP but other people can.
> I can see it through my local IP so it's not a huge huge problem.

This is perfectly normal behaviour btw, so nothing to worry about anyway.
Sun 27/03/05 at 23:56
Regular
"NULL"
Load up a command prompt (Start > Run > Type: cmd), then type:

ping

to ping your ip address, and to trace route it, type:

tracert
Sun 27/03/05 at 22:16
"Dark FX"
Nimco wrote:
> You don't have a proxy server or anything setup in Windows do you?

No, don't think so

> What happens if you ping/tracert your external IP address from your
> PC?

How do I do that?
Sun 27/03/05 at 21:58
Regular
"NULL"
You don't have a proxy server or anything setup in Windows do you?

What happens if you ping/tracert your external IP address from your PC?
Sun 27/03/05 at 21:26
"Dark FX"
Cool. I think Apaches working okay now, it's just the problem of me not being able to see it through my external IP but other people can. I can see it through my local IP so it's not a huge huge problem

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.