GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Film downloads"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 26/03/05 at 20:15
Regular
"NULL"
I'm looking for a LEGAL film download site. I know a few companies are doing rental by post on DVDs now, but there must be some doing films by download. It would be great at Uni with a nice fast internet connection. I'm happy to pay a couple of quid per film to download.

Any recommendations?
Thu 14/04/05 at 21:24
Regular
"NULL"
Peter .K wrote:
> By saying your entertainment only I meant you can't download and then
> sell because you're putting the film business out of business!!

And by downloading it instead of buying it yourself, you're not depriving them of school? Go back to school and learn some basic economics....
Thu 14/04/05 at 20:25
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Peter .K wrote:
> If the cd is for your entertainment only it's legal so just use kazaa
> or winmx and all you need to pay for is the electricity and internet
> bill

Legal eh?
If it is, how does the film and music industry successfully bring legal action against downloaders? :-)

[URL]http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/film/3985917.stm[/URL] for instance fails to mention that downloading is legal after all. ;)
Thu 14/04/05 at 20:05
Regular
By saying your entertainment only I meant you can't download and then sell because you're putting the film business out of business!!
Thu 14/04/05 at 19:58
Regular
"NULL"
For your entertainment only? As opposed to what? Use of CD as a coaster with intent?
Thu 14/04/05 at 19:48
Regular
If the cd is for your entertainment only it's legal so just use kazaa or winmx and all you need to pay for is the electricity and internet bill
Wed 13/04/05 at 16:54
Sun 03/04/05 at 20:12
Regular
Only place for legal downloading is from sites that charge a downloading fee or subscription per month fee, it ain't cheap either.
Thu 31/03/05 at 21:15
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
Nimco - I managed to get Bitorrent working over the Firewall...

Http Tunnel (with £2.30 fee for the month) and "SOCKScap"...

Just need to catch a good torrent now...

Sadly Http tunnel does not yet support UDP, so no online gaming.
Thu 31/03/05 at 18:13
Regular
"NULL"
Darn, I should have patented it!
Thu 31/03/05 at 18:11
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
[URL]http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4396481.stm[/URL]

I guess its closer than we thought.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.