GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"And so the scare stories begin..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 26/03/05 at 14:57
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
[URL]http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/gloucestershire/4383107.stm[/URL]

This only a day or two after 2 little idiots got themselves killed playing on train tracks. Yes, thanks, we know trains are dangerous, we don't need a flurry of articles and warnings to keep us in our plac...oh, too late. I mean, that's the most vague of news stories there, it screams "Public Safety Announcement". What's the betting a newspaper will carry an article on some single Mother who had a stupid child play on the train tracks and get killed come Monday?

Bah, I'm grumpy.
Sat 26/03/05 at 14:57
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
[URL]http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/gloucestershire/4383107.stm[/URL]

This only a day or two after 2 little idiots got themselves killed playing on train tracks. Yes, thanks, we know trains are dangerous, we don't need a flurry of articles and warnings to keep us in our plac...oh, too late. I mean, that's the most vague of news stories there, it screams "Public Safety Announcement". What's the betting a newspaper will carry an article on some single Mother who had a stupid child play on the train tracks and get killed come Monday?

Bah, I'm grumpy.
Sat 26/03/05 at 15:34
Regular
"8==="
'Kids - don't get caught up in your own train of thought at the station.'

'If you're on the right track - you're on the wrong track.'
Sat 26/03/05 at 15:36
Regular
I used to play on train tracks, without a care in the world.

But of course, back in my day trains were made of rubber.
Sat 26/03/05 at 16:48
Regular
Aha, imagine they'd filmed him being killed as he was smacked by tehtrain.

I used to jup onto the railway tracks to get frisbees and balls and stuff.
At the stations. Where there are cameras.

Never died once.
Sat 26/03/05 at 17:44
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
ßora† §agdiyeV wrote:
> I used to play on train tracks, without a care in the world.
>
> But of course, back in my day trains were made of rubber.

Plus kids were much tougher back then, get run over by a train and you'd be back out playing with your mates in a couple of hours. Few plasters, reconstructive surgery and away you go.
Sat 26/03/05 at 18:30
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Look at some of the stupid statements:

"One boy was seen to be sitting between two lines and missed being hit by a train by just five seconds."

Count to 5 seconds. It is relatively quite a long time.
If you want to see a near miss [URL]http://www.ebaumsworld.com/traindodge.html[/URL] (Top of page)

"The trains on that particular piece of track go at 75mph, they are big trains, weighing about 200 tonnes and they can't move out of the way," he said."

And here was me thinking trains could jump.. Way to state the obvious moron.
Sat 26/03/05 at 19:10
Regular
"Just ram it in!"
No wonder trains are so expensive and late.

1) They have to spend hours scraping their limbs of the tracks and filling all the report crap

2) The poor people that pay to ride the trains have to pay for this and all the security

If you ask me, they should not waste our time and just ignore them, no cameras or fences. I’m sure the rats and birds will enjoy the extra food and on a plus side there is one less idiot in the world.
Sat 26/03/05 at 19:14
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
poopots wrote:
> and on a plus side there is one less idiot in the world.

Wrong. Two.
Sun 27/03/05 at 12:57
Regular
"you've got a beard"
if people choose to do this then they should be allowed.
however, their families are not allowed to sue anyone afterwards.
it's natural selection at it's finest.
Sun 27/03/05 at 16:35
Regular
Soon will all be living in bubble wrap thanks to the antics of two little ... fools.

Then news report I saw said they were playing Chicken with a train, I mean, come on! Where they expecting to win? maybe they were hoping the train would swerve out of the way, not realising it runs on rails.

Just because too little ... fools killed themselves doesn't mean we should pay the consequences with barrel loads of safety warnings.

Bah! Humbug!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.