GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Video and Graphic card problems for Star Wars:KOTOR"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic'.
Sun 14/11/04 at 21:34
Regular
"A Ghost Of You"
I have tried to play my copy of Star Wars:KOTOR and it doesn't work. I did a hardware scan and it said that my computer didn't not reach the minimum standards for the video and graphic cards.

This is now leading me to the direction that I will need newer versions for my PC to not only play this, but future releases too.

So, what cards do you guys recommend? I'm looking for something quite cheap and one that'll last me a couple of years. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

DeadMetal
Sun 14/11/04 at 23:32
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
DeadMetal wrote:
>>
> Well, I'm followed your directions, and it says I have a "MATROX
> Millennium G450 Dualhead" which is definately not compatable
> (according to tech support).

Hmm - an awesome card in its day, ahead of its time with the dual output that took Nvidia and ATI several years to catchup to.

That is most likely a PCI card, check if you have an AGP slot (the manual will have this information)
Sun 14/11/04 at 22:38
Regular
"A Ghost Of You"
Bob_The_Moose wrote:
> DeadMetal wrote:
> tigamilla wrote:
> What are your current specs?
>
> Well, I've got 128mb RAM, I have no idea what my current video card
> is (or the make for that matter) but I can work out it's 32MB or
> higher, and I have no idea what the graphics card.
>
> I really should of asked about this when I bought the PC a couple of
> years ago.
>
> Right click on the desktop, press properties, then settings, then see
> what it says where it says 'Some monitor on ...' The ... is the
> graphics card.

Well, I'm followed your directions, and it says I have a "MATROX Millennium G450 Dualhead" which is definately not compatable (according to tech support).
Sun 14/11/04 at 22:23
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
DeadMetal wrote:
> tigamilla wrote:
>
> Well, I've got 128mb RAM, I have no idea what my current video card
> is (or the make for that matter) but I can work out it's 32MB or
> higher, and I have no idea what the graphics card.
>
> I really should of asked about this when I bought the PC a couple of
> years ago.

Right click on the desktop, press properties, then settings, then see what it says where it says 'Some monitor on ...' The ... is the graphics card.

Oh and also, if you have a manual for you motherboard, just check that there is an AGP slot on it. Or open it up and have a look... but I'm getting the impression you wouldn't know what to look for. Easiest to look in the manual.
As if you've just got an onboard card now, then chances are there's no AGP slot (but not necesserily), which would kinda limit upgradability.
Sun 14/11/04 at 22:19
Regular
"A Ghost Of You"
tigamilla wrote:

Well, I've got 128mb RAM, I have no idea what my current video card is (or the make for that matter) but I can work out it's 32MB or higher, and I have no idea what the graphics card.

I really should of asked about this when I bought the PC a couple of years ago.
Sun 14/11/04 at 21:47
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
What are your current specs?
Sun 14/11/04 at 21:34
Regular
"A Ghost Of You"
I have tried to play my copy of Star Wars:KOTOR and it doesn't work. I did a hardware scan and it said that my computer didn't not reach the minimum standards for the video and graphic cards.

This is now leading me to the direction that I will need newer versions for my PC to not only play this, but future releases too.

So, what cards do you guys recommend? I'm looking for something quite cheap and one that'll last me a couple of years. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

DeadMetal

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.