GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Ooh, a bug in Halo 2...hnyur hnyur"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Halo 2'.
Mon 15/11/04 at 12:16
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Don't know if anybody else noticed this, but when you play the first [proper] level again, you can't choose to have your up/down inverted - it does the check briefly, but never finishes it and you have to go into the options menu, thus wrecking the game completely. I'm taking mine back because of it.
Wed 24/11/04 at 15:59
Regular
"BOO YA!"
HI-jacking rocks , online its fun to hear people scream when your beating them sensless then chuking them out of there veicle , i like it , tis quite good
Sun 21/11/04 at 22:12
Regular
"Im a Daddy :-)"
Got hijacked today YAY!!! Got booted off my ghost which was great, but then got run over by the idiot driving the warthog. + on a different note, at the start when you have to take the scarab out. I jumped on with the rocketlauncher and run down into the belly of the beast only to be met with a strange problem, two rockets in and all the grunts and one elite are dead, but then a blue elite gets hit smack in the face by the next rocket. Dead right...... no. Two more in the face, meet plasma sword! Go back to try again still he will not die. 5 rockets and he still kills me. How strange.
Sat 20/11/04 at 20:36
Regular
Gwizz wrote:

>Havent been hijack yet while driving the ghosts or anything
> has anyone had this happen in the one player game?

In the single player and co-op modes I've been hijacked quite a bit. It tends to happen when you accidentally go past an object too slowly or hit an object (which slows you down) near an Elite, they jump on easily.

I have also been hijacked by Brutes but perhaps the strangest came from those flying creatures, I was in the gunner seat of a Warthog in the tunnels on the Outskirts level (Heroic) and all of a sudden a flying creature landed on the front and melee attacked the driver and passenger out, killing them. Another weird hijacking comes in the form of........

*SPOILER ALERT FOR ANYONE NOT VERY FAR WITH HALO 2*

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

....A Flood jumping on and hijacking my Scorpion, later on my Warthog and a few of my Wraiths.

Hijacking is really a speed thing, if you drive quickly and dont get entangled in objects, you went get hijacked. It is fun hijacking and re hijacking against a persistent Elite!
Thu 18/11/04 at 21:36
Here's a nice easter egg on Outskirts. In the beginning, go through the first doorway; just before the Grunt patrolling the path, jump up and duck to stay on a nearby ledge (it's a light bar sticking out). Do the same on the ledge above and turn to the left where a dark alleyway is. Walk to the end and you'll see a few grenades you can't pick up, a tiny camera and a skull.

Pick it up and you'll enter Blind mode, which is basically the game without the HUD and guns. You can zoom in and shoot, but you can't see the guns. And of couse you can use the skull to bash thing with.
Thu 18/11/04 at 20:31
Regular
"Incomprehendible"
Gwizz wrote:
>wortwortwort

I don't know why, but I love it when they make that noise. Probably because I'm actually behind them, about to hit them over the head with something.
Wed 17/11/04 at 18:11
Regular
"Ex-Newbie"
I got hijacked and was like wtf, tried to jump back on the ghost (thinking i had just fell off) to find out it was turning to run me over :P
Tue 16/11/04 at 21:38
Regular
Ninjax wrote:
> i think the AI is good.

Most of the time its great. I love it when when Im in close combat with an elite and he hides for cover, then while waiting with loaded duel death cannons aimed his way he suddenly comes flying over the top of his hide out ending with me getting to know the plasma sword he's carrying. Or on the later levels trying to get cover from the hunters, while they just blast what ever cover there is all over the place. Havent been hijack yet while driving the ghosts or anything has anyone had this happen in the one player game?
Tue 16/11/04 at 20:24
Regular
"boom boom click"
i think the AI is good.
Tue 16/11/04 at 19:58
Regular
Keep having probs with the new and improved ai. The bad guys are jumping around shooting back, but then just stop and stand in the open while I shoot them. On one level I stood out in the open in front of an elite, he was walking towards me and did nothing! by the time he reacted to me my shotgun was so far up he's nose there was no wortwortwort or anything, just brains. + Ive been shot loads in the back by my own marines. That never happend in the first game!
Mon 15/11/04 at 20:57
Regular
Ive seen quite a few, like I cornered one of the covenant, and he ran through a wall, and I couldnt find him, cant remember what level, I cornered anothr in same spot to double check, and he was half way in the wall, and half out of it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.