GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Constantine"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 23/03/05 at 10:05
Regular
Saw this last night. Knew nothing about it beforehand, only found out it was based on a comic character as it was starting.

I really wanted to like it, and the first hour or so is good. But then.... I don't know. I can't explain it. It goes downhill but I can't put my finger on why.

Reeves is pretty good but I'd like to see him actually shout for once, instead of always talking in that gruff whisper which he seems to do all the time. He has a couple of funny one liners, and his sidekick is amusing on more than one occasion.

All in all I found it entertaining enough, but I still felt slightly let down at the end.
Thu 24/03/05 at 10:46
Regular
"This one goes to 11"
Saw it on sunday. It started off good but towards the end the plot got way too confusing, i just didnt understand what the f**k was goin on!! All these random people who i didnt know and stuff happening that i couldnt follow.....twas madness. But everyone else who i know has seen it has said they did understand it, so maybe its just me! :D
Wed 23/03/05 at 19:06
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
I saw it about two hours ago and i can't decide if i liked it or not. The bloke who found that thing at the very beginning had a very small part and i would have expected to see him more. The effects were all good, but i feel the storyline wasnt pushed through enough.
Wed 23/03/05 at 17:53
Regular
": ("
That guy at the end with the funny laugh is wierd.
Wed 23/03/05 at 17:42
"Metal Head"
That movie was sweet and the part where he flies up into heaven and pulls the zap.
Wed 23/03/05 at 11:05
Regular
I actually liked the relocation idea. I read on AICN that fans were getting angry at the deviation from the comic books, so I found out what he was like in the comics. Now, I may be alone here, but I thought Neo running around music video L.A looked a lot better than a chubby middle-aged blonde Scouse stumbling around London. Just my thought.

Anyway, the film. They definitely tried to put too much in. What was that Balthazar guy about? Ending felt too hurried.
Wed 23/03/05 at 10:31
Regular
I saw it on Sunday night, really enjoyed it even though I knew nothing of the character/comic/history prior to seeing the movie.

I'll be picking it up on DVD.
Wed 23/03/05 at 10:26
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Really enjoyed it myself. They tried to cram in as much as possible, and you'll not get quite a few references if you're not a reader of the comics, but I felt it was pretty solid. Not perfect by any means, but I still had a blast with it.

Closer to "The Prophecy" than "Blade", which I think a lot of people expecting an full action movie will feel let down by. Excellent mythology however, IMHO.

Roll on the sequel.

[edit]But then again, I watched expecting a total and utter trainwreck of a movie, insulting to the source material as "League of Extraordinary Gentlemen" was to Alan Moores originals. It wasn't.
Wed 23/03/05 at 10:14
Regular
"Captain to you."
I watched it yesterday as well and i didn't really think to much of it. I'm not totally sure what it was but it just seemed too short, there could have been so much more put in to make it entertaining.

I think it's shame it was made really because it's kinda how i saw 'Painkiller' the film being, only with alot of zombies and strange creatures.

There were parts that if they had been longer they would have looked great but alot of the really good effects look like they where put in and never really perfected like the bodys exploding,(trying not to give to much away) this looked great but the camera was in a strange long shot and it all seemed a bit fast.

This film could have been really good but to me it was a big let down.
Wed 23/03/05 at 10:05
Regular
Saw this last night. Knew nothing about it beforehand, only found out it was based on a comic character as it was starting.

I really wanted to like it, and the first hour or so is good. But then.... I don't know. I can't explain it. It goes downhill but I can't put my finger on why.

Reeves is pretty good but I'd like to see him actually shout for once, instead of always talking in that gruff whisper which he seems to do all the time. He has a couple of funny one liners, and his sidekick is amusing on more than one occasion.

All in all I found it entertaining enough, but I still felt slightly let down at the end.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.