GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The good men."

The "Creative Writing" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 23/03/05 at 08:19
Regular
"8==="
Timmy didn't like it when the big men came. They never looked at him they just went upstairs. Timmy would watch the saturday film and try to ignore the comings and goings.

He watched the war film focusing as hard as he could on the action. Men were dying on a beach, good men it seemed from their talking before they got into the funny shaped boats. Those men were good people.

He watched the good men climb up a steep hill to get to the bad men. The bad men fired guns down on the good men and many good men were dying. Timmy wanted the good men to win, he crossed his fingers and hoped they would.

His mother came down and made him a bowl of coco pops. There was a noise from upstairs and she hurried backup. Timmy watched the film. He wondered where all the good men had gone, perhaps they'd all died in wars? He didn't know.

The good men seemed to be winning, although some were hung from churches. A man left, Timmy didn't watch him go.

His mother picked him up saying 'time for your nap timmy'.

He wondered where all the good men were.
Tue 29/03/05 at 12:45
Regular
"8==="
Thanks. Yeah it could have done with a bit more but I was caught up in the constraints of the simplistic language I wanted to use to convey the child's thoughts. If I'd have added more the language would probably have dragged or I'd have had to use more variation which would have broken the effect I was going for.

Rock and a hard place :)
Tue 29/03/05 at 12:42
"possibly impossible"
Quite good, but I felt it needed expanding slightly.
Tue 29/03/05 at 11:47
Regular
"8==="
Anything else from this bustling forum?
Sun 27/03/05 at 13:14
Regular
"8==="
Wow detailed criticism.
Sat 26/03/05 at 19:45
Regular
"communist"
Yeh, rubbish.
Sat 26/03/05 at 09:36
Regular
"8==="
Any other comments/advice?
Wed 23/03/05 at 17:13
Regular
"Catch it!"
Very good!
Wed 23/03/05 at 08:19
Regular
"8==="
Timmy didn't like it when the big men came. They never looked at him they just went upstairs. Timmy would watch the saturday film and try to ignore the comings and goings.

He watched the war film focusing as hard as he could on the action. Men were dying on a beach, good men it seemed from their talking before they got into the funny shaped boats. Those men were good people.

He watched the good men climb up a steep hill to get to the bad men. The bad men fired guns down on the good men and many good men were dying. Timmy wanted the good men to win, he crossed his fingers and hoped they would.

His mother came down and made him a bowl of coco pops. There was a noise from upstairs and she hurried backup. Timmy watched the film. He wondered where all the good men had gone, perhaps they'd all died in wars? He didn't know.

The good men seemed to be winning, although some were hung from churches. A man left, Timmy didn't watch him go.

His mother picked him up saying 'time for your nap timmy'.

He wondered where all the good men were.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.