GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Just realised something."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 22/03/05 at 20:04
Regular
Back in the good old days we had Nash, Azul, Memo, gerrid, aoe_slaught, Tribute, FFF and all the gang to keep the fools down and the scum out. Now they (the good regulars) are outnumbered by the idiots that infest this place.
Came to this conclusion after seeing the aforementioned users had many votes against them in that "Forum Enemy" thread.
Against this harsher climate with strict irritating staff and retarded people the sensible and decent users of old are dying out.
'Tis a pity.
Page:
Thu 24/03/05 at 16:38
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
He's special.
Thu 24/03/05 at 15:32
Regular
"serenity now!"
We can, but I cba.
Thu 24/03/05 at 15:19
Regular
"8==="
I thought staffies could edit their posts without it showing up as being edited? :S
Thu 24/03/05 at 15:16
Regular
"Better Than You"
He said:

Hiiyaaaa SMMMVVV!!!
Thu 24/03/05 at 15:15
Regular
"serenity now!"
Did someone say something?
Thu 24/03/05 at 15:07
Regular
Hiiyaaaa SMMMVVV!!!
Thu 24/03/05 at 15:02
Regular
"serenity now!"
Rather than the ignore button, I was just talking about letting the post drop and moving on to the next. Walk on by, if you will.

At least you get the choice. There are a few people on here I'd love to have on ignore but I can't :(
Thu 24/03/05 at 13:32
Regular
smv wrote:
> If you don't like some users here, I think the best thing you can do
> is ignore their threads/posts. No-one hangs around long if they get
> no replies, but here it often seems the most inane topics are the
> ones with the most replies

No-one uses the ignore user thing because it doesn't work that well.
You'll go to the first post on page 1, and there'll be nothing there because all the users you've ignored have posted in there, so you go searching back, and can't find it.
THen you notice some random post which appears to be directedat you, but it's actually the ignored user that posted before you.

I've been here nearly 3 years now (Hmmm, seems longer than that), and never needed the ignore user button in the past, and it's not as if spammers have only just appeared, they've been here as long as I can remember. But you just got on with it.

There's more spammers here now than ever of course, and you need to wonder why that is. Find a better way to fix it rather than making an "Ignore User" button.
Thu 24/03/05 at 13:21
Regular
Flock wrote:
> Do you think removing the GAD would lose us some of the more useless
> posters like some people seem to think?

No, but what it would do would increase the quality of posts, as people would start trying to win GAD again.

Problem is though, if you bring it back, all you're going to do is give away GADs to those who hang around the Creative Writing thread.

Also, you can still win GAD's for posting anyway, it's a rarity though, as if there's a half-decent review, it'll win, easily.
Wed 23/03/05 at 23:55
Regular
In my memory, he shall always be younger than everyone.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.