GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A Shiver"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 22/03/05 at 11:47
Regular
"For One Night Only"
I've got two weeks to sort myself out before back to college...

I need to do a lot of writing up, which I can't say I'm looking forward to, but really must be done. I've got to find the time to do this while still being able to go out and enjoy myself.

I badly need a new job, one with better hours, closer to college and without the biggest wazzak I've ever met there. I have two friends who work in a NEXT, so I'm hoping to score a job there.

As far as I'm aware, SHE (you know who I'm referring to) is starting to cotton on to the idea that I like her. Whether she actually knows or not is yet to be seen. But she's started sucking up to me a lot lately after thinking I'd fallen out with her. She also said to one of my best mates: "I wonder if he likes me". Not good as far as I'm concerned - hence I'd like to do something about it, this holiday before the return to college.

Lastly, most unfortunetly (sp?), my dear dear friend Jaynie lost her father last Tuesday night. He was a very nice (a terrible way to describe someone, but very true) man. He was friendly. You could easily speak to him. I just spoke to him alive and well a couple of weeks ago. The death couldn't have happened to a nicer girl, always smiling, never having a bad word to say about anyone. She and her family are Jewish. The Jewish, when someone dies, have a thing called a shiver. It lasts seven nights, and people can go to their house and pay their respects. Tonight I hope to go, but I don't know what to expect, I'm also unprepared to see Jaynie sad (last time I saw her was a week today before the tragedy). Has anyone ever been to a shiver? Do you know what happens?

Cheers.
Tue 22/03/05 at 11:47
Regular
"For One Night Only"
I've got two weeks to sort myself out before back to college...

I need to do a lot of writing up, which I can't say I'm looking forward to, but really must be done. I've got to find the time to do this while still being able to go out and enjoy myself.

I badly need a new job, one with better hours, closer to college and without the biggest wazzak I've ever met there. I have two friends who work in a NEXT, so I'm hoping to score a job there.

As far as I'm aware, SHE (you know who I'm referring to) is starting to cotton on to the idea that I like her. Whether she actually knows or not is yet to be seen. But she's started sucking up to me a lot lately after thinking I'd fallen out with her. She also said to one of my best mates: "I wonder if he likes me". Not good as far as I'm concerned - hence I'd like to do something about it, this holiday before the return to college.

Lastly, most unfortunetly (sp?), my dear dear friend Jaynie lost her father last Tuesday night. He was a very nice (a terrible way to describe someone, but very true) man. He was friendly. You could easily speak to him. I just spoke to him alive and well a couple of weeks ago. The death couldn't have happened to a nicer girl, always smiling, never having a bad word to say about anyone. She and her family are Jewish. The Jewish, when someone dies, have a thing called a shiver. It lasts seven nights, and people can go to their house and pay their respects. Tonight I hope to go, but I don't know what to expect, I'm also unprepared to see Jaynie sad (last time I saw her was a week today before the tragedy). Has anyone ever been to a shiver? Do you know what happens?

Cheers.
Tue 22/03/05 at 12:31
Regular
*Shiva
Tue 22/03/05 at 15:12
Regular
I've never been to one, though I'm sure you're presence would be cherished, speak volumes. Blessings.
Thu 24/03/05 at 13:28
Regular
"Long time no see!"
If you say you're gonna do something about it now before you go back to college, then make sure you damn well do it now, and don't keep putting it off letting your nerves get the better of you!

There's nothing worse than letting a situation like this run on-and-on-and-on-and-on-and.... Trust me on this one!

It's probably been nearly two years since I first discovered these feelings I have for someone, though in my case, it's probably rather fortunate I haven't done too much yet, seeing as she's be with someone all this time... Not that it's stopped us getting ever so slightly friendlier and closer to each other as time's gone on...

I have no idea what a Shiva/Shiver is either, so you'll just have to play it by ear, I guess. Show up dressed presentable, share your compassion, take your time, pay your respects. It only seems so hard now because you do not know it yet.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.