GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"How the hell is this racist?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 21/03/05 at 13:08
Regular
[URL]http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30000-13314341,00.html[/URL]

I have no understanding how this topic has anything whatsoever to do with race.
Mon 21/03/05 at 21:41
Regular
"smile, it's free"
FantasyMeister wrote:
> Just to turn the topic on its head a little, how is this
> [URL]http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/4361791.stm[/URL]
> not racist?

Utterly stupid.

Of course, it's never racist when it's against the majority...
Mon 21/03/05 at 19:56
Regular
I've never heard any positive stories about Pikeys.

The words 'get a job you bottom feeding sub-human scum' always seem to crop up in my mind.

I realise this is just a rouse to get us to vote for them, but I'd be happy to see the Pikeys get a rude awakening.

Next stop - Slums and Crime ridden council estates.

I envisage men with huge motorbikes, body armour and futuristic helmets. They will replace the entire court system, and will dispense their harsh and often fatal punishments right there on the street. Unfortunately I am at a loss to what these men would be named. You know it makes sense.
Mon 21/03/05 at 16:16
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Very_Metal wrote:

>
> HUman rights act is all well and good, but what about the right of
> landowners not to have their property turned into a dump by a bunch
> of messy, ungrateful freeloaders?

A very good point, true enough. However, I think the major problem with Howard (and the Tories in general) is their overwhelming desire to paint all travellers and/or Romanies (I'd forgotten about the fact that some travellers aren't gypsies...) as destructive layabouts. It's simply not true. Their current proposals would throw the baby out with the bathwater.
Mon 21/03/05 at 15:19
Regular
Flock wrote:
> gender/....if you're in any of those (percieved) oppressed groups

Errr.
Mon 21/03/05 at 15:17
Regular
"you've got a beard"
it's not racist, but we live in a world where anything can be twisted into an "ism" of some description.

HUman rights act is all well and good, but what about the right of landowners not to have their property turned into a dump by a bunch of messy, ungrateful freeloaders?
Mon 21/03/05 at 15:04
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Just to turn the topic on its head a little, how is this [URL]http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/4361791.stm[/URL] not racist?
Mon 21/03/05 at 15:01
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Grix Thraves wrote:
> I guess you could argue that gypsies (travellers? How PC are we
> getting?)

Pikeys?
Mon 21/03/05 at 14:00
Regular
"gsybe you!"
There is a difference between Romanies and travellers - the first is an entirely seperate group of people. This whole 'common sense' argument is annoying however, as it's based on issues which most people know nothing about and just read a few articles and go 'Yup, it's way outta control!'. Common sense? I think not.

Growing compensation culture is silly.
Mon 21/03/05 at 13:53
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
I think it's because it has echoes of the first people that Hitler demonised; most of Europe's gipsies died in Death Camps, but as it's still okay to hate 'em, no-one really cares about that. Hell, theres been such an effort to demonise them as layabouts that no-one really seems to remember that the Romanies are a race of their own.

I think Howard is trying clumsily to cash in on the (rightly) growing unease at compensation culture. Personally, I find it hysterically that the Tories are opposed to Human Rights...
Mon 21/03/05 at 13:30
Regular
Hmm. Here's more to shed light on the issue. [URL]http://www.guardian.co.uk/race/story/0,11374,1442316,00.html[/URL]

And for those who don't clicky..a quote:

Mr Howard claimed that the Human Rights Act is being used to build settlements wherever they like. He said: "People claim it's racist to raise this issue. It is not. It has nothing to do with race. It's about standing up for the right values. It's about common sense. And it's about making sure that people abide by the law. People realise that there are too many [people] in Britain today who hide behind so-called human rights to justify doing the wrong thing. 'I've got my rights' has become the verbal equivalent of two fingers to authority. The rights culture has blurred the difference between right and wrong and it's taking Britain in the wrong direction." -Wintour, The Guardian

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.