GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gta5 San Andreas:- Graphic Issues"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 21/03/05 at 07:48
Regular
2 Issues i would like to discuss.

1:- Does anybody know if the game designers have used the same graphics engine, (what they used in GTA3/GTA4)to make this game, I think it is quite possible, Due to the fact that the graphics havn't changed much and the BLUR effect they have used, which i will come to (Below). Have they done this for a quick realese of the game, or are they being lazy? You tell me i would like to hear your comments.

2:- Correct me if i am wrong, but You know when you get into a car in the game and start to pick up speed you will notice that the screen start to BLUR, this is because when you are going fast the game/PS2 (Processer) can't load the cars fast enough, so what they have done is use the BLUR effect to mask the Draw distance slighty so you cant see the cars loading/respawning in front of you at high speed, and if you notice (especaily on the motorways) the cars start to speed up when you speed up to match your speed, to lower the amount of loading the ps2 has to do. Why, i wonder, Which brings me back to the first question, If you notice in Gta3 and Vice city the cars didn't go half as fast as what they to in San Andreas,So could they have used the Same Graphics Engine?

Let Me Know.... Can you add to this or do you have your own ideas or queries about this topic, it would be quite interesting to hear your opinions,
Wed 23/03/05 at 11:43
Regular
Is that a cut on your cheek? Hope its not too painful!
Wed 23/03/05 at 07:51
Regular
"8==="
Hey! I was lying about the Oasis comment! :'(
Wed 23/03/05 at 07:49
Regular
Grow up, inbred.
Mon 21/03/05 at 22:25
Regular
"be destroyed"
playstation suck and nintendo rule everyone knows that. HA HA
Mon 21/03/05 at 21:17
"period drama"
Taking the textures off of Oasis would be very much a good thing.
Mon 21/03/05 at 21:02
Regular
"8==="
I prefer Oasis.
Mon 21/03/05 at 21:01
"period drama"
Blur would be okay if it worked right.
As it is, it basically strips all the textures off the buildings so the game can load everything up quicker - yep, that's fair enough.

But when you stop, it can sometimes take ages before the game realises and loads the textures back on again, which just sucks.
Mon 21/03/05 at 20:14
Regular
"Bicycle"
GTA : San Andreas

GTA 4 hasn't been released yet.

Nor has GTA 5.

Look at the thread below entitled "GTA : (Somewhere Brittish)"

Yep, game is designed on same engine, which is why it's still technically in the GTA 3 series.

Last thing: the blur effect is an added design feature... How else can you recreate such speed? It's THE way of showing speed. Have a look at Burnout or any other game. Even in GT, they use slight blur.

No other way.
Mon 21/03/05 at 19:55
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
I think some people put too much thought into pointless things. The games fun and that's all that needs to be said.
Mon 21/03/05 at 16:21
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
And it's definately not GTA5 San Andreas.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.