GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What are you expecting from 'Modern Warfare 2'?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2'.
Sat 10/10/09 at 11:55
Regular
"How Ironic"
*EDIT* Can't change title to 'expecting' ;S

Modern Warfare 2 is coming out soon, and i wanted to get people's opinions as to what you think it will be like. We've all seen game footage of it, but it's not entirely crystal clear what the final game will be like. So will it be similar to CoD 4? Will it blow CoD 4 and 5 out the water? Or will it be a flop? Opinions! :)

My opinion is that MW2 multiplayer will be extrememly similar to CoD 4 multiplayer. The system will be the same ie. perks, similar weapons, weapon upgrades. Of course the maps will be different (we've already seen the snow level on singleplayer, so perhaps snow camoflauge will be available?). Maybe a rise in vehicles aswell. Think they might change the artillery strikes and helicopter perks for consecutive kills, maybe to bombing runs or at least something different. The dogs in CoD 5 proved annoying, but they were at least different. I'm looking forward to MW2, hope they've made some big changes to give a fresh Call of Duty, otherwise people will STILL be sticking to CoD 4.
Wed 14/10/09 at 14:35
Regular
"Hello?"
Only going to have about a month on this game before I head off travelling so I hope it has everything COD4 had and more. If they keep the basics the same and just tweak bits and bobs it'll surely be a hugh success.

From what I have read and watched on the multiplayer aspect of the game it sounds like they have involved the public quite a lot which is always good news. I know they have obviously seen how much of a massive following they have for COD4 and actually bothered to ask the community what they want to see added to the multiplayer side of the game.

The guns look ok, guess you won't really get all that excited until you use each one and find out which best suits your playing style. You could stick me with a g3 and I'd be lucky to get 3 kills, but an m4 and your mine! Lets hope the sniper riffles offer a little more than they did in COD4.

One neat touch they have made is when the host leaves the game instead of booting your butt back to the lobby it just finds the next best host and after 5-10 seconds the game continues. Pretty nice touch, that use to annoy the hell out of me, say I was on a kill streak then all of a sudden the host decides they want to jump out, the game ends. Brilliant.

I really hope they haven't pushed everything beyond the point of perfection to make the game feel too much off a game. Modern Warfare one had a brilliant fresh war feel to it so it'd be ashame if they have got a bit carried away with aspects of the mulitplayer.
Lets hope that the maps are better than the 4 they chucked on MW1 as bonus maps, they really weren't all that great!

It'll be interesting to see if they still go down the same road of being able to get golden guns after completing certian tasks. I liked that, being able to work towards something. Also I wonder how they will tackle the numerous idiots who have nothing better to do than just team kill everyone. It'd be good if they got like a ban from the game for a few days or something along those lines. Surely it'd be pretty easy to sort out.

Roll on the 10th November!! Lets hops the posties still deliver it though, that would not be cool! I reckon some hardcore gamers may actually raid royal mail sorting offices.
Sun 11/10/09 at 18:37
Regular
"never win anything"
everybody gets their ass kicked on the first few matches but you'll adapt and get better in no time, i used to get pwned all the time on every game i went on now i do most of the pwning lol
Sun 11/10/09 at 15:50
Regular
"eat toast!"
Well, MW was a bit short in sp, but i ddin't play multiplayer as i bought it quite late and i would have been butchered pretty quickly.

Hopefully i won't be left behind when i get it in november.
Sun 11/10/09 at 14:16
Regular
"never win anything"
how can u expect more from perfection?, the only thing wrong with CoD4 was the cheating and glitching campers online
Sat 10/10/09 at 11:55
Regular
"How Ironic"
*EDIT* Can't change title to 'expecting' ;S

Modern Warfare 2 is coming out soon, and i wanted to get people's opinions as to what you think it will be like. We've all seen game footage of it, but it's not entirely crystal clear what the final game will be like. So will it be similar to CoD 4? Will it blow CoD 4 and 5 out the water? Or will it be a flop? Opinions! :)

My opinion is that MW2 multiplayer will be extrememly similar to CoD 4 multiplayer. The system will be the same ie. perks, similar weapons, weapon upgrades. Of course the maps will be different (we've already seen the snow level on singleplayer, so perhaps snow camoflauge will be available?). Maybe a rise in vehicles aswell. Think they might change the artillery strikes and helicopter perks for consecutive kills, maybe to bombing runs or at least something different. The dogs in CoD 5 proved annoying, but they were at least different. I'm looking forward to MW2, hope they've made some big changes to give a fresh Call of Duty, otherwise people will STILL be sticking to CoD 4.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.