GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"*Official* Why I'm not playing HL2 Thread"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Half-Life 2'.
Tue 16/11/04 at 09:02
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Stuck in the office... Left home at 7.50 this morning, gving the wife detailed instructions ensuring it's ready for me when I get home at 7 tonight!:(

Concidered VNC... no chance, now concidering a fake "vomiting session" in the office so i can go home!

Life truly sucks!:(
Tue 16/11/04 at 09:02
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Stuck in the office... Left home at 7.50 this morning, gving the wife detailed instructions ensuring it's ready for me when I get home at 7 tonight!:(

Concidered VNC... no chance, now concidering a fake "vomiting session" in the office so i can go home!

Life truly sucks!:(
Tue 16/11/04 at 09:04
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
The fact that there's people playing the opening level now makes me angry.
Tue 16/11/04 at 09:21
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Pandaemonium wrote:
> The fact that there's people playing the opening level now makes me
> angry.

Oh............... Wonderful.........

ITEM DESPATCHED FIRST CLASS ON: 16/11/2004

The order history was NOT reporting this to me yesterday..........
Cannot remember the date it was showing, but it was >12th and <16th.

Sweet. That's put me in a foul mood.
I might as well have bought it off steam or simply popped across the road at lunchtime. AND I would have got it for less.
Tue 16/11/04 at 09:36
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
That'a almost "wrist slash" worthy... Just as bad as having it physically sat on your PC for over 2 months and not being able to do anything with it. The when the time comes to finally have the 2.4GB file unlocked, your 16 f##king miles away!! Arghhhh....
Tue 16/11/04 at 09:41
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Tyla wrote:
> That'a almost "wrist slash" worthy...

To be honest, I'm really p****** (obviously) about it! The reason I KNOW that it had been listed as despatched is because I have changed my address very recently. I checked over the weekend to make sure that I knew where HL2 was coming, the date change was on the 12th and the "your order has been dispatched" was at a later, therefore I knew to expect it at my home address.

And now it's despatched on the 16th? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. SR s**** up methinks..........

[edit] Just in touch with SR. Despatched on the 15th. Should (please!) be waiting for me tonight.
Tue 16/11/04 at 10:47
Regular
Yeah, same here mate. Sat at my desk. I can't wait to get my teeny weeny ickle wickle hands on the ba*tard but unfortunately I have to work. Luckily, the day is going surprisingly quick.
Tue 16/11/04 at 11:32
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I've just spent the last three hours playing it, just coming off to have a rest, and breakfast seeing I was on almost straight away. I'll have to give HL: Source a try next.
Tue 16/11/04 at 11:46
Regular
"\\"
Also having spent three hours on it, i'm glad I skipped school today... Might have to buy a new graphics card so I can see it how it was meant to be.
Tue 16/11/04 at 11:52
Regular
So is it THAT good then?

Was majorly disappointed to find Halo 2 was as I expected.

With Half-life 2 being purely a single player experience I expect to see so much more.
Tue 16/11/04 at 12:00
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Like the orignal, HL2 always has something new to throw at you, making it hard to quit.

The bit I'm on Now

**SPOILER**

on a hovercraft boat is taking ages, weaving through huge canal sytems, running over Combine troops as they get in my way, and one *on the edge of your seat* bit where I got chased by a helicopter with it dropping bombs to slow my progress.

**SPOILER**

This is how you make a sequel, Valve are one of the few developers that actually seem to care about the game rather than just the money it'll make.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.