GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"SSC 21-The Switch of Life!"

The "Creative Writing" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 19/03/05 at 00:33
Regular
"Catch it!"
I woke and turned on my light I flicked up the switch of my light but then the bulb blew it was pitch black I couldn't see anything. I heard the sound of wings like a mouth it hit me in the face and nearly flew into my mouth. I turned round and walked into the landing I flicked the switch in the landing but the light wouldn't come on I ran down stairs and flicked the switch down there nothing the light didn't shine up. I had,had a power cut I grabbed a torch from up stairs. I switched it on a shone it into my electricty box downstairs. I switched up a switch and all the lights came on. I ran up stairs and ran into my room. But the light was still off I had to change it. I turned off the light and electricty and changed it. I turned the electricty back on and the light came back on. I saw the moth that had hit into me before flying around. It flew near my hand I grabbed hold of it and crushed it in my hand. I heard the crunching and watched the moth die.

I opened back up my hand and watched the moth dropped to the floor its wings crushed its eyes staring it dropped and slowly flew to the floor. I shouldn't of done that I felt so sad now I had just killed a poor harmless animal. A switch went inside me the switch of my life making me feel sad and so terrible. That moth hadn't done anything to me and I had just killed it. I went and got into my bed and just lay there feeling sad felling so horrible. The switch inside me that had set me off feeling sad. I rolled over a buried my head in the pillow I closed my eyes and got to sleep. The next morning I work with my switch in my body still down making me sad. I looked down at the floor and still saw the moth there dead and cold I picked it up and walked down stairs. I turned on the light and threw the moth in the bin.

I turned on a switch for the hot water and went and had a shower I still felt terrible when I was in there. When I got out I put on my clothes for work and walked out the house. The switch of my life still felt bad. I got in my car and drove down the road for work. I got to work and walked into my office I didn't feel like doing any work today. I sat in my car and felt sad. I span around in my car and wanted for someone to tell me what work to do. But no one was at work yet I was just on my own. Then I heard the flapping again like the moth. I turned round and looked down at my desk. A moth lay there with its wings up and still alive it looked like it was smiling at me and that made me happy now the Switch of life was back up.
Sat 19/03/05 at 00:33
Regular
"Catch it!"
I woke and turned on my light I flicked up the switch of my light but then the bulb blew it was pitch black I couldn't see anything. I heard the sound of wings like a mouth it hit me in the face and nearly flew into my mouth. I turned round and walked into the landing I flicked the switch in the landing but the light wouldn't come on I ran down stairs and flicked the switch down there nothing the light didn't shine up. I had,had a power cut I grabbed a torch from up stairs. I switched it on a shone it into my electricty box downstairs. I switched up a switch and all the lights came on. I ran up stairs and ran into my room. But the light was still off I had to change it. I turned off the light and electricty and changed it. I turned the electricty back on and the light came back on. I saw the moth that had hit into me before flying around. It flew near my hand I grabbed hold of it and crushed it in my hand. I heard the crunching and watched the moth die.

I opened back up my hand and watched the moth dropped to the floor its wings crushed its eyes staring it dropped and slowly flew to the floor. I shouldn't of done that I felt so sad now I had just killed a poor harmless animal. A switch went inside me the switch of my life making me feel sad and so terrible. That moth hadn't done anything to me and I had just killed it. I went and got into my bed and just lay there feeling sad felling so horrible. The switch inside me that had set me off feeling sad. I rolled over a buried my head in the pillow I closed my eyes and got to sleep. The next morning I work with my switch in my body still down making me sad. I looked down at the floor and still saw the moth there dead and cold I picked it up and walked down stairs. I turned on the light and threw the moth in the bin.

I turned on a switch for the hot water and went and had a shower I still felt terrible when I was in there. When I got out I put on my clothes for work and walked out the house. The switch of my life still felt bad. I got in my car and drove down the road for work. I got to work and walked into my office I didn't feel like doing any work today. I sat in my car and felt sad. I span around in my car and wanted for someone to tell me what work to do. But no one was at work yet I was just on my own. Then I heard the flapping again like the moth. I turned round and looked down at my desk. A moth lay there with its wings up and still alive it looked like it was smiling at me and that made me happy now the Switch of life was back up.
Sat 19/03/05 at 01:39
Wow, great use of the story title there. The Switch of Life affects us all.
Sat 19/03/05 at 01:59
Regular
"Catch it!"
Have you read the story then?
Sat 19/03/05 at 02:03
Yes, I felt so sad for the moth. But then you made a new one, and all was right!!!
Sat 19/03/05 at 02:06
Regular
"Captain to you."
My main gripe(sp?) with this story is the sheer amount of times the word 'switch' is used, other than that i quite like the idea behind it, i probably jsut would have re-phrased a few bits and used a few different words in certain places.
Sat 19/03/05 at 02:15
Regular
"Catch it!"
Thank you so you liked the story!
Sat 19/03/05 at 11:08
Regular
"A Paladin with a PH"
Um... Archetypal of crossbob's new brand of 'intellectual' stories. Same style, less guns.
Sat 19/03/05 at 20:08
"period drama"
The Switch of Life!
The Scales of Life!
Ribeana of Death!
Tears of Death!
Sat 19/03/05 at 20:18
Regular
"bot"
I'm not usually one to try and break a person's spirit, but, seriously Crossbob, you suck. Stop writing this garbage.
Sun 20/03/05 at 00:19
Regular
"Catch it!"
Just shut up other people liked it!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.