GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Steam is utter shiite!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Half-Life 2'.
Tue 16/11/04 at 17:45
Regular
Why do I have to unlock my files over steam when I bought Half Life 2 from the soddin' shop. To make matters worse steams servers are currently too busy therefore I'm having huge problems unlocking them. I'm not impressed AT ALL. I shouldn't have to pay £30 buying the game from a shop to get home and do this crap.
Fri 19/11/04 at 12:34
Regular
oh thats wonderful news i have already been waiting for my preorder coming from the powers that watch and just spoke to them they said that it should of arrived today and if its lost in the post i have to wait another 15days before they will resend it. should of gone to the shop. and now i have to wait for 2 days verification. thats well naff. they should of build there disks better if it takes that long to check there own game.
Wed 17/11/04 at 20:22
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
It keeps trying to connect whenever i turn on the computer, i shall be putting a stop to that.
Wed 17/11/04 at 15:03
Regular
I was going to say, when first it came out you had to be connected at all times to play the offline games.

I don't mind it now.
Wed 17/11/04 at 14:06
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I've had little problems with it, though I remember the headache it gave me when I first installed it.
Tue 16/11/04 at 21:51
Regular
Hehe...I'm a regular CS gamer so I'm used to steam and it's annoying problems. I knew it was going to happen with HL2, it happens with CS every now and then so it was definetely going to happen with HL2.
Tue 16/11/04 at 21:48
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
I've said it before and I'll keep saying it, I hate Steam.
Tue 16/11/04 at 21:39
Regular
I shouldn't have to connect to steam to play offline. Sometimes it even says Half-Life 2 isn't available. How crap can you get?
Tue 16/11/04 at 21:22
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
tigamilla wrote:
> Damarus wrote:
> Why do I have to unlock my files over steam when I bought Half Life
> 2
> from the soddin' shop. To make matters worse steams servers are
> currently too busy therefore I'm having huge problems unlocking
> them.
> I'm not impressed AT ALL. I shouldn't have to pay £30 buying
> the game from a shop to get home and do this crap.
>
> Well I can understand the bitterness that led Valve to such a drastic
> registration process; Battles over fees with Vivendi - their
> publisher, code that ended up on the net etc..
>
> I guess to make enough money to stay in business by lessening piracy
> and hopefully make it as far as Half life 3, this is what it takes.

Yeah, I don't blame them for using this method at all, but I just wish they'd made steam a bit more reliable... I mean, even when it's all working as well as it does, the buddy thing seems to sign out every 3 seconds. There are so many issues with connecting to it... it's ridiculous.
Tue 16/11/04 at 21:04
Regular
I agree with you Damarus.
Tue 16/11/04 at 20:10
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
Damarus wrote:
> Why do I have to unlock my files over steam when I bought Half Life 2
> from the soddin' shop. To make matters worse steams servers are
> currently too busy therefore I'm having huge problems unlocking them.
> I'm not impressed AT ALL. I shouldn't have to pay £30 buying
> the game from a shop to get home and do this crap.

Well I can understand the bitterness that led Valve to such a drastic registration process; Battles over fees with Vivendi - their publisher, code that ended up on the net etc..

I guess to make enough money to stay in business by lessening piracy and hopefully make it as far as Half life 3, this is what it takes.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.