GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"smoking ban in pubs!!!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 18/03/05 at 01:54
Regular
"HOME PC 4 SALE/SWAP"
the goverment are looking at stoping smoking in all public bars, do u agree with this?, and smokers would u still go out knowing you cannot smoke inside the establishment?.

personally i think it will lead to a lot more trouble on the street more fighting, vandalism....so i think even if they have separate rooms for smoking .......
Sat 19/03/05 at 01:10
Regular
"Bow to me!"
They would save more from not having to fund the NHS as much though
Sat 19/03/05 at 00:40
Regular
"HOME PC 4 SALE/SWAP"
its true though, the goverment needs to think about things, they ban smoking, then they are not solving the problem,
Sat 19/03/05 at 00:10
Regular
"Bow to me!"
DREAMY wrote:
> I think yes they will be in trouble if they let people smoke, but also
> if they dont could be loosing money,less money less taxes for the
> goverment,also i think what they should do is have half the pub
> smoking and other half non smoking, but cut off from each other.
>
> in a pub i go to they have both smoking and non smoking areas and
> works quiet well,

Are you just improvising here? Your facts are crazy and mostly guessed it seems
Fri 18/03/05 at 23:55
Regular
"HOME PC 4 SALE/SWAP"
I think yes they will be in trouble if they let people smoke, but also if they dont could be loosing money,less money less taxes for the goverment,also i think what they should do is have half the pub smoking and other half non smoking, but cut off from each other.

in a pub i go to they have both smoking and non smoking areas and works quiet well,
Fri 18/03/05 at 16:35
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Marcini wrote:
> They have large fines for loitering too. Banning smoking itself would
> have no real effect.

I disagree, it'll be the pubs in the firing line if they don't uphold the law on their premises.
Fri 18/03/05 at 16:34
Regular
"thursdayton!"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> I can't understand for the life of me (literally) why it wasn't
> banned or became socially redundant and shunned after the tabbaco
> companies remembered to tell everyone that infact, whoops, yes, we do
> put addictive stuff in here accidently on purpose..

Because the government makes so much money on taxes from them. Much more than is spent on the NHS for smoking related diseases.
Fri 18/03/05 at 16:13
Regular
"Bow to me!"
fragout123 wrote:
> Bullett wrote:
> Smoking should be banned outright. It's a retard's game.
>
> Bingo, just go to Singapore and see the difference. Smoking is banned
> in public places including bars, and the place is just a lot cleaner.

They have large fines for loitering too. Banning smoking itself would have no real effect.
Fri 18/03/05 at 16:13
Regular
"lets go back"
I think its an OKish idea. I hate coming home smelling of smoke, but other than that it doesnt really bother me much cos im usually to drunk to care.
Fri 18/03/05 at 15:40
"period drama"
It's the most pointless thing in the world, couldn't care less if they banned it.

I can't understand for the life of me (literally) why it wasn't banned or became socially redundant and shunned after the tabbaco companies remembered to tell everyone that infact, whoops, yes, we do put addictive stuff in here accidently on purpose, sorry about that, dear loyal slaves, and it was discovered that (by some crazy coincidence!) setting fire to a tube of paper filled with hundreds of chemicals you'd usually wear rubber gloves to handle and some good ol' fasioned tar, then sucking in the fumes (but oh-no-it's-alright because-it's-got-a-filter-on-the-end you idiot), letting them work their magic for a bit, then breathing them in other people's faces probably wasn't the most healthy of things to do doing.
Fri 18/03/05 at 15:33
Regular
"thursdayton!"
It'd be nice to not come out of a pub smelling of fags.

*Sighs* And yes, I'm aware of the double meaning of fag..

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.