GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Tekken 5 Multiformat"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Tekken 5'.
Wed 17/11/04 at 15:04
Regular
Turns out Namco's dying beat 'em up franchise is winging its way onto the Gamecube and the X-box.

Which is nice.
Mon 22/11/04 at 21:48
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Dringo wrote:
> Stop treating it as an us and them faction. It doesn't work like that
> and never has.

That's part of my point. I'm not trying to pick a fight with you, I'm telling you to lighten up. Stop getting so angry - games companies are fickle, as are all companies, that's the way life is.

All you seem to do in games forums here is either brag about what games are coming to the Gamecube or getting really annoyed that games are no longer exclusive. Like I said, I'm not trying to tar every Nintendo fan with the same brush, but in general a lot of the fans who care about Nintendo see it as some kind of moral victory when they get an exclusive. I wouldn't be surprised to see the phrase "my precious" used when talking about exclusives in the Nintendo forum.
Mon 22/11/04 at 10:48
Regular
Blank wrote:
> Dringo wrote:
> I posted Resident Evil 4 on the PS2 in the Gamecube forum, didn't
> get
> any "why is this in the Nintendo forum" did i.
>
> No, that's because Nintendo fans care. In general, those who
> favour Sony's console don't seem to mind if a game goes multi-format,
> whereas Nintendo fans love to brag about every little bit they have.
> Which is why you've posted this here. And why you posted the RE4 news
> in the Nintendo forum, because you can't bear it that it isn't just
> for you pure-bloods anymore.

I also posted the Resident Evil 4 news in here as well...

It makes sense to me that I post news that may affect some Playstation fans.

I hate people that just want to pick a fight because they seem to have a vendetta against me. Yes I'm a Nintendo fanboy. Get over it.

Stop treating it as an us and them faction. It doesn't work like that and never has. Sony fans cared when they lost Resident Evil, Nintendo fans care when they lost Resident Evil, Nintendo fans cared when they lost Super Monkey Ball, X-box fans cared when they lost Full Spectrum Warrior. Gamers are Gamers... they buy consoles for the exclusive software the console offers.

What's the point in owning a Gamecube if Nintendo games weren't exclusive? What's the point in owning an X-box if there wasn't RARE or Bungie? What's the point in owning the PS2 of Metal Gear Solid, GTA, GT and Tekken aren't exclusive.

Once upon a time PS fans used to brag about the likes of MGS, GTA, Resident Evil, Crash, Spyro and Tekken were exclusive. Now none of them are.

It is of course a point that these are the old Playstation hits. That sony have moved on and the top range titles are now Jax, Ratchet and Clank, Siren, Ico etc... etc...
Sat 20/11/04 at 12:40
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Never been a massive fighting fan.

At least not since I lost 5 SNES pads through frustration at M. Bison.

Cheating git.
Fri 19/11/04 at 00:56
Regular
"es argh"
Yawn.

Tekken and other button mashing fighting games never tickled my fancy.
Fri 19/11/04 at 00:25
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Dringo wrote:
> I posted Resident Evil 4 on the PS2 in the Gamecube forum, didn't get
> any "why is this in the Nintendo forum" did i.

No, that's because Nintendo fans care. In general, those who favour Sony's console don't seem to mind if a game goes multi-format, whereas Nintendo fans love to brag about every little bit they have. Which is why you've posted this here. And why you posted the RE4 news in the Nintendo forum, because you can't bear it that it isn't just for you pure-bloods anymore.
Thu 18/11/04 at 17:23
Regular
"America, _ yeah!!"
Why would it? It's going to your console.
Thu 18/11/04 at 10:00
Regular
fragout123 wrote:
> Actually it isn't!

Yeah it is, just because a few american sites refuse to report it. Gamesradar, those behind XBM, PS2 Omag and NGC have been having a nice conversation with those at Namco.
Thu 18/11/04 at 08:46
Regular
"Anger leads to hate"
Actually it isn't!
Wed 17/11/04 at 21:47
Regular
Blank wrote:

>
> So why is this being posted in the Sony forum?

Just thought you'd be interested in the fact that yet another trademark Sony franchises goes abroad.

Tis all.

I posted Resident Evil 4 on the PS2 in the Gamecube forum, didn't get any "why is this in the Nintendo forum" did i.
Wed 17/11/04 at 18:52
Regular
"I'm Great."
that was another reason why I liked it. The welth of characters was great. It feels a little empty whenever I play the other ones now. We were spoiled by TTT.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.