GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nintendo Ds or PSP?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 14/03/05 at 16:30
Regular
"member of dogg poun"
My friend, who normally surgests why people should love Nintendo more than Sony , today made a valid point. He said, 'Many, not all of the DS games are ports from the Nintendo 64, yes they may have extras thrown in, but basically are the same old games but at full price which they once were when they first came out.' As i was stunned by suge a huge complex sentence from this person, i didn't really reply. I do see his point. I think there are good points and bad points to each handheld. Personally, i'd like to buy both as both promise such good features. Nintendo have announced that the DS is going to have totally free wi-fi, so that is a plus...
Mon 14/03/05 at 22:50
Regular
"Captain to you."
AliBoy wrote:
> something foolish

I to be honest will never give the psp a decent chance i will refuse to play on it and avoid it at all costs, but then this is how i am with the playstations too.

i may go get a DS but only because my neogeo pocket's pad clicks alot and people on trains tut at me (resulting in their deaths) and there is a good chance i will find some games i like.

DIE SHIGGY
Mon 14/03/05 at 22:45
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Chippxero wrote:
> DS all the way, don't like sony or playstations. :)

Die Chippo

PSP appeals to me more, had a play around on a DS at uni a few weeks back and wasn't amazingly impressed, although a decent SNES style mario kart could possibly tempt me.
Mon 14/03/05 at 22:40
Regular
"Captain to you."
DS all the way, don't like sony or playstations. :)
Mon 14/03/05 at 22:34
"Shotgun+Zombie=Mess"
The PSP just looks like the GBA(non-SP) to me.
Got the DS, cuz of battery life, build quality and the games, aint seen any PSP games that really interest me.
Mon 14/03/05 at 22:20
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Cycloon wrote:
> Trouble is, the N64 is still a better console than the PS2

Console has no bearing when we're talking about ports.

Oh, and "no".
Mon 14/03/05 at 22:18
Regular
"tokyo police club"
From what I played of GT4 on friday and from the memories I have of Mario 64, there's only one option for me.
Mon 14/03/05 at 22:17
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Trouble is, the N64 is still a better console than the PS2
Mon 14/03/05 at 22:16
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
The only direct port from PS2 I know of is GT4 - hardly a rehash. And PS2 is the same generation as PSP, N64 was years ago.
Mon 14/03/05 at 22:14
Regular
"tokyo police club"
SnoopDogg wrote:
> Nintendo DS and Sony PSP comparison:
>
> DS:
> Classic games such as N64 ports - good, but just jazzed up old
> games

You say this, but fail to mention the copious amount of PSP games that'll simply be PS2 rehashes.
Mon 14/03/05 at 22:10
Regular
"8==="
Ashley_90 wrote:
> And Disck Read Errors

Heh, depends what you're trying to make the drive read really.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.