GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Yet another PHP question... (SSI)"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 13/03/05 at 17:37
"Dark FX"
Hey again. I have another query, but this time it's quite a simple question.. Hopefully. Well anyway, I've started my website on PHP. I have a 'header.php' 'footer.php' 'mainleft.php' 'mainright.php'. I've inserted them into my homepage so that I can create all of the other pages just by changing 'mainright.php' ('mainleft.php' is my navigation bar and 'mainright.php' will hopefully be the content of all the pages).

The only problem that i have is that i can't get mainright and mainleft beside each other. Instead, all of the files are below each other. Is what I'm trying to do possible?
Sun 13/03/05 at 17:37
"Dark FX"
Hey again. I have another query, but this time it's quite a simple question.. Hopefully. Well anyway, I've started my website on PHP. I have a 'header.php' 'footer.php' 'mainleft.php' 'mainright.php'. I've inserted them into my homepage so that I can create all of the other pages just by changing 'mainright.php' ('mainleft.php' is my navigation bar and 'mainright.php' will hopefully be the content of all the pages).

The only problem that i have is that i can't get mainright and mainleft beside each other. Instead, all of the files are below each other. Is what I'm trying to do possible?
Sun 13/03/05 at 18:28
Regular
"NULL"
That's to do with how your HTML is formatted and nothing to do with PHP. All your require() statements are doing is embedding the file you choose into the parent file - the PHP has nothing to do with the layout of the page.

FWIW, those aren't SSIs - Server Side Includes aren't part of PHP, they're a totally separate thing.
Sun 13/03/05 at 18:37
"Dark FX"
Well it all looks fine in the browser. Its just the problem of having the 'mainleft' and 'mainright' below each other rather than beside each other. So are you saying that I need to change the HTML in home.php?
Sun 13/03/05 at 18:38
Regular
"NULL"
Yup.
Sun 13/03/05 at 19:07
"Dark FX"
I've tried:

and

I'm guessing I'm completely way off
Sun 13/03/05 at 19:23
Regular
"NULL"
You say it looks fine in the browser - so what's the problem?
Sun 13/03/05 at 19:34
"Dark FX"
I mean the pages are all displayed in the order but I can't get the two 'main' pages beside each other
Sun 13/03/05 at 19:39
Regular
You have to sort the HTML in each of the files so that they are displayed appropriately.

As Nimco said 'All your require() statements are doing is embedding the file you choose into the parent file - the PHP has nothing to do with the layout of the page.'

So in your hompage file the code is just being produced from the content of all of the other files.
You'll need to play about with the allignment of the HTML code in the mainleft and mainright files to get it to do what you want.
Sun 13/03/05 at 19:45
"Dark FX"
Oh right, I see. Thanks guys =)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.