GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Crock of sheet"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 13/03/05 at 09:54
Regular
Don't buy a Motorola E398 mobile phone. I got mine on thursday as a replacement for my old E700. It seemed like a good little phone until last night when it crashed while I was viewing a text message. yes, crashed, the graphics went all corrupted and the phone became unresponsive. I couldn't even turn it off, so I had to remove the battery. When I put it back in, the phone refused to switch back on.

This morning I tried charging it thinking maybe the battery had died, even though it was half full last night. No luck, it's still dead as a doornail.

T-Mobile will be getting it back.

Can anyone recommend me a phone from this list - [URL]http://www.t-mobile.co.uk/Dispatcher?menuid=ctl_phones_catalogue&nmid=phones_catalogue_pmt[/URL]
I'm less than keen on the idea of getting another E398 if this one died two days after I received it.
Sun 13/03/05 at 15:17
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Hold everything!

The Orange SPV C500, which I have clamoured after for weeks, DOES support SD cards! I thought it didn't for some reason. £140 PAYG, and it does more than everything you could ever want it to. Yummy.
Sun 13/03/05 at 14:45
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
OK, it has to be the following:

PAYG
No flip-lid
Around £100
Expandable memory (SD card)
Mp3 players

Fly my pretties, fly!
Sun 13/03/05 at 14:40
Regular
That contract for the d500 is 18 months though. which is um...long.
Sun 13/03/05 at 14:34
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Eww, it looks like the 80s.

I'm after PAYG, can't be bothered with all that contract nonsense, and I want to own the phone.
Sun 13/03/05 at 14:32
Regular
"8==="
Waste your money then.
Sun 13/03/05 at 14:31
Regular
"Arf. Arf. Arf. Arf."
Samsung D500

The sleek tri-band D500 slides open to reveal a phone packed with multimedia features, including an email client, a 1.3 megapixel camera and video recorder, an MP3 player, and a large, bright colour display. It comes complete with an impressive 96MB of dynamic memory, allowing you to save up to 1,000 images, 60 minutes of video or speech, or 20 MP3 songs. Bluetooth and USB connectivity lets you synch your contacts and exchange data with laptops, printers and PDAs.

Weight 99g
Size (mm) 46 x 94 x 24
Talk Time (up to) 6hr 30 mins
Standby Time (up to) 300hr
Charge Time (up to) 2hr

Free with 9 months half price line rental.

You knows it makes sense.
Sun 13/03/05 at 14:30
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
And I don't mean super-cheap either.
Sun 13/03/05 at 14:29
Regular
"8==="
Dixons have a good one.

Little silver thing that's 29.99 pay as you go with 2500 free texts.
Sun 13/03/05 at 14:26
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Well I might as well write it in here now.

I'm still after a phone. I don't need a camera/video recorder (I have the DV5000 from SR), but I want one. More importantly I'd like an mp3 player, even though I have the Creative Nomad, which is awesome. So I really just need a phone, but I'm willing to spend up to just over £100 for a half decent one. Except all the half-decent ones are £140 upwards, and I can't justify that.

The E398 appealed to me because it was quite cheap, and I can use the SDcard adaptor for the TransFlash in my digicam. The K500 i and K700i have fixed amounts of memory, which aren't expandable. Seems a wasted opportunity, as the S700i is expandable, but costs a bomb. Sony Ericsson could have stolen the market if they'd introduced the Sony Duo sticks on the budget phone, the 'tards.

Also, the W800i (Sony Walkman phone) is going for sites in America now for about $600/700. Fudge that, that's about £300, for little more than the E398 (ok slightly better camera, and it looks a lot nicer, but still, pfft).

Buying as mobile is such a hassle, why can't we just read minds instead?
Sun 13/03/05 at 14:22
Regular
"8==="
I wouldn't worry borat it's probably just a virus! ;D

Thankfully phones are so sophisticated now that viruses can screw them up, welcome to the future - it smells of ass.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.