GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Worst Job Ever"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 13/03/05 at 09:25
Regular
"Who Hell He?"
whats your worst job ever?

Many years ago I used to work at a football ground selling pies and bovril. Once when we were playing Chelsea the whole thing went up and we had to lock ourselves in our little 'kiosks' as we were pelted with pies, hot chocolate, bovril etc......all that for £3.50.....TIP NEVER EAT A PIE AT A FOOTBALL GROUND
Mon 14/03/05 at 17:13
Regular
"8==="
*Is disgusted with Light*
Mon 14/03/05 at 16:25
Regular
I worked in a Turkish delight packing factory for 2 months.

I really can't stand Turkish delight and it was boiling hot in the factory. Oh and I had to work with some special needs guy called Vince who used to get really stressed if you did things wrong, apparently he attacked someone with a spanner once for messing up the cellotape machine. Oh and worst of all I messed up some brand new trainers, used to walk home with about 2 foot of turkish delight attached to the soles of my shoes.

The pay was pretty good though so it suited me at the time, never again though.
Mon 14/03/05 at 16:24
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Solicitor.

Making divorces as acrimonious as possible so that "the case goes on longer. Bottom line; longer cases mean more money".

Not so much breaking up a family, as smashing it into tiny little pieces.

And, my all time favourite, defending people accused of paedophilia. Fine if they're accused, cos I really (no, honestly) believe a man is innocent until proven guilty.
However, a bit rancid when one has to pal up to a homeless fat inadequate whose line of defence (before I got the case booted out on a technicality; yay me!) was going to be "those lads seduced me".

Those lads were aged 8, 10, and 12.

There's a shiny new pound for anyone who can guess, to 8 decimal places, just how much I hated myself after that case...
Mon 14/03/05 at 16:23
Regular
"Excommunicated"
This reminds I need to look for a new job.

No more shops and stacking shelves for me.
Mon 14/03/05 at 16:19
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Cleaning a room in a flour mill. Absolutely backbreaking, hot, uncomfortable, eye stingingly, chest knacking work.
Mon 14/03/05 at 16:16
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Cleaning up rancid dairy products at £3.45 an hour.
Starting at 6am on Sat/Sun

Told that a million times
Mon 14/03/05 at 16:10
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
I loved working in Sainsburys especially on customer services. I got to answer phone, make tanoy anouncements and listen to customers complaining. It was good cos i knew what all the company policies are and had an answer for everything.
Mon 14/03/05 at 16:07
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Probably working in woolworths, though any job in general which involves dealing with the public is likely to pave the route on the road to depression.
Mon 14/03/05 at 16:05
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
I've quite enjoyed all my jobs to some extent. When I started Sainsburys I was on £3.18 an hour which is pretty lame considering my job before was £4.47. When I transferred 2 years later the pay was up to £5.65 but my new store was terrible so I left.

My new job as a telesales agent seems pretty good. Hours are not too bad, but the money is pretty damn good and the people are all young students so should be a laugh. Glad i've only got to stick it for 3 months tho.
Mon 14/03/05 at 14:41
Regular
"..."
I work as a Match-Day Steward for Peterborough United. It would be terrible, but the thing that keeps me going is knowing I'm getting paid for being their, wheras 3,000 other people have actually paid to be there. Obviously the pay is rubbish, but fortunately I have a real job as well.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.