GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"School-GAAARGH!!!!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 12/03/05 at 16:50
Regular
"A Paladin with a PH"
I almost got suspended on Thursday, an intersting occurnce for a goody-goody geek like me. The school's been trying to introduce a uniform through pretty sahdy and undemocratic means, and me and a few friends came up with the AUA, Anti Uniform Association. We asked the Scottish Law office, they said the school culd not legally enforce the uniform.

We then fwded their email to a few people in the school, and put it in the shared folder for the school IT system. BAM! Me and a mate were called to the Rector's office, and told it was inflamatory, defamatory, and dividing the school, they also said that we could be suspended for this. WTF, man, it's just info, we're informing people of their rights! Letters were sent home and we were banned from email till Easter. I don't care, my parents entirely support me on this issue (yay) and they are on our 'side'.

People's thoughts on this issue please? I should probably have posted it on life, but I may as well try here. We also have a website www.aua.uk.tt.
Mon 14/03/05 at 18:21
Regular
"A Paladin with a PH"
I don't mind the principal of a uniform, it's just the way they've tried to bring it in that annoys me. Besides, it could have meant blazers, ties and leather shoes, but no...only black garments with no top stictching or logos. Sucks.
Mon 14/03/05 at 16:41
Regular
"Arf. Arf. Arf. Arf."
What's the problem with school uniform?

It not "cool"?

I've been suspended from school twice, once in year 9 for buying a, what the school called, vibrator from the pound shop, for a laugh. But it clearly stated on the packaging "personal back massager".

And another time in year 7 for moonying the games teacher.
Mon 14/03/05 at 15:15
Regular
"Craziest Col"
Cong_Man wrote:
> I really don't know why school kids get so annoyed about having to
> wear uniforms. By the time they're adults, most of them will probably
> be surfing pr0n sites for pictures of women in uniforms...

Aha, it describes me perfectly :)
Mon 14/03/05 at 14:47
Regular
"Captain to you."
Cong_Man wrote:
> I really don't know why school kids get so annoyed about having to
> wear uniforms. By the time they're adults, most of them will probably
> be surfing pr0n sites for pictures of women in uniforms...

Or paying to go in to clubs with 'School Daze', dressed in the uniforms they hate so much.
Mon 14/03/05 at 14:43
Regular
"..."
I really don't know why school kids get so annoyed about having to wear uniforms. By the time they're adults, most of them will probably be surfing pr0n sites for pictures of women in uniforms...
Sun 13/03/05 at 23:31
Regular
"A Paladin with a PH"
(sighs)
Sat 12/03/05 at 23:17
Regular
"The definitive tag"
I didn't think I would ever kill anyone, but all this idiocy is driving me precariously close.
Sat 12/03/05 at 23:11
Regular
"kill my enemys"
game ghandi wrote:
> ouch munn you know I almost found that affensive but you just speak
> bull s***

You are such an idiot.
Sat 12/03/05 at 23:09
Regular
"The definitive tag"
WALESWALESWALES wrote:
> A school uniform is there to stop bullying because some people do not
> follow the latest fashion,

Pretty much what I said then.
Sat 12/03/05 at 23:05
Regular
game ghandi wrote:
> well munn i dont wear anything to school so wat about that eh? eh?

I'm surprised you even know what a school is.

And yes, Jormungandr, it is true. Well, at least it's true in East Renfrewshire, I don't think it differs anywhere though.

I could never convince my parents to let me though.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.