GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Memory..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 11/03/05 at 21:36
Regular
"Im a Daddy :-)"
My pc has 512mb ram but once its up and running it shows only 190-260mb ram. I looked in the task manager and found a list of all the things that were running and using memory, but am not sure what they are. is there some of finding out what they are and if its safe to stop them? Im usingwindows xp and have 64mb intergrated graphics.

+ I just looked at my bios menu thingy when the pc starts up and it said that I had a 128mb pci video card, but I dont. So I changed it to the correct settings. but one option was for the amount of phisical memory the intergrated graphics could use,but it wouldnt go higher then 8mb? the other options were 1mb or 512kb. it was under buffer menu? Is it me, or am I just being dumb?
Fri 11/03/05 at 21:36
Regular
"Im a Daddy :-)"
My pc has 512mb ram but once its up and running it shows only 190-260mb ram. I looked in the task manager and found a list of all the things that were running and using memory, but am not sure what they are. is there some of finding out what they are and if its safe to stop them? Im usingwindows xp and have 64mb intergrated graphics.

+ I just looked at my bios menu thingy when the pc starts up and it said that I had a 128mb pci video card, but I dont. So I changed it to the correct settings. but one option was for the amount of phisical memory the intergrated graphics could use,but it wouldnt go higher then 8mb? the other options were 1mb or 512kb. it was under buffer menu? Is it me, or am I just being dumb?
Fri 11/03/05 at 21:48
Regular
Your graphics card is using some of your physical memory, you should decrease this to the size that you need and this should increase the amount of memory you have.

I think...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.