GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Greatest Red Nose Day so far"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 11/03/05 at 17:02
Regular
"Craziest Col"
I went to lessosn as normal. Donated £1 to my Psychology teacher.

At lunch I went to the lecture theatre where there was a PS 2 and Xbox tournament.

Xbox was first and I just managed to get my name down.

The first agme was Burnout 3. I figured that this would be no problem as I already have the game. It was first to 10 takedowns or the oppnent damages out.

I took the lead pretty quick with 5:1. Then I couldn't hit anything. 5:3. I then went to 7:6 and then 7:7. Neck and neck until 9:9 when I got the final one and just won. Knew I'ld have to do better. The guy was pretty popular as he had nearly the whpole crowd cheering for him, so it made em feel good when I got the victory. He had the crowd, I had two people. Seems good :(

Next game was Celebrity Deathmatch.

I won the first game purely on the fact that the other guy didn't know how to get the final 'kill him' move out. I was had half his health down and he had all mine gone. I thoguht I was done. So I kept pressing forward and 'x' which meant he couldn't do his move.

I got his health off and bashed everythign on the control and got my finisher out.

Next opponent took a quarter of my health off but I came back to take 3 quarters of his off. He then got me down to half but I took all his off, and figured out it was black button to do the fnisher.

The semi-final, the heat is on. 28 other people looking down on us two playing on the projector. Nerve wracking stuff. He pwned me. But I kept using the white button to dodge and the same cheap tactic of punching constantly. Then the finisher. He deserved the victory but I got through to the final. Tough luck, mate.

Halo 2, a four way split screen slayer to 25. An easy victory considerign I've played it nearly everynight from 11th November so I knew I had experience. Unluckly for these guys, they hadn't. 25 kills to 1. The 1 guy that got the kill ahd a lucky grenade after I took someone out.

Ah well, a 'rampage' was good enough for me. I wanted the 25.

The finishing moments included me gettign a certificate and my email being taken so he can email me telling me when to get the xbox.

The PS 2 competition was next were we played Tekken 2. Proves what great games the PS 2 has. People wanted to play the xbox, in the PS 2 tournament!

I won my first 2 games 2:0.

The semi final was next and the guy won me 2:1 and then went on to the final which he won. Well played to him.

So fo a £1 entry fee I won a new xbox. Great day.
Sat 12/03/05 at 21:56
Regular
"Craziest Col"
To be honest, yes it's a damn good job it wasn't R6:3.

I was lucky thoguh in tekken and Celebrity death match, just not my types of game.
Sat 12/03/05 at 17:47
Regular
"8==="
Good job it wasn't Rainbow Six 3 eh Col? *nudge* :D

Reminds me of a Goldeneye challenge I took part in a while back, I only made my money back in the end but the final game where the organisers decided to go 3 on 1 against me and I didn't die once racking up loads of kills produced looks of amazement and 'how do you play like that?' comments.

Grenade launchers on Complex: dead easy.
Fri 11/03/05 at 22:21
Regular
"Prefers Tesis"
Your so lucky.
Fri 11/03/05 at 20:29
Regular
"Craziest Col"
Unlucky, but you do suck.

A girl played someone today on Celebrity Death Match and I particularly remember one quote, "STOP MOVING!"

Edit: There's going to be an Xbox/PS 2 club at friday lunch for 45 minutes with differnt games each week. I'm definetly going to go as I can see some great LAN games coming.
Fri 11/03/05 at 20:23
Regular
"Arf. Arf. Arf. Arf."
We had a Ps2 tournament in my school once.

We played FIFA, the only one game that I'd never played.

I lost... TO A GIRL!!

:'{
Fri 11/03/05 at 19:35
Regular
": ("
Okay, end of discussion.
Fri 11/03/05 at 18:06
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
You should have described it as "feeling good" instead. The way you described it sounded like you were getting something physical.

Muh.
Fri 11/03/05 at 17:57
Regular
How exactly is that being ignorant?

I'd love to know hear your explanation.
Fri 11/03/05 at 17:55
Regular
": ("
That isn't what I meant.

You knew what I meant, you're just being ignorant.
Fri 11/03/05 at 17:54
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
"Phone now, just donate whatever you can...please...

Oh yeah, and we'll give you an Xbox."

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.