GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"All I want is Paper bleeding Mario!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Paper Mario 2'.
Thu 18/11/04 at 14:56
Regular
My lovely Gameaday prize, Paper Mario 2: The Thousand year door... hasn't arrived. Which is one of my most anticipated games this year.

So I wait a week. Just to give it time to arrive.

It still hadn't arrived so I finally decided to give SR a call and moan a bit about my missing title.

The friendly sales rep on the other side of the phone, Daniel I believe his name was, informs me I have to wait till the 22nd to call them. Something about giving Royal Mail ample time. Then I give SR another call and they'll send a letter to me detailing. If by the 25th the game still hasn't arrived (which it won't) I am to send the letter back to SR. (starting to make less sense)

Then and only then will they send the game to me.

Which means, going on my calculations, I won't get the game till early December. November 30th at the very latest.

An absolutley pointless time as I'll be playing Metroid Prime 2 and have no time for the little Nintendo RPG gem. Which also means that the following weeks will be spent re-playing Pikmin or even not playing any games at all.

Surly there has to be a better system than that!
Thu 09/12/04 at 16:07
Regular
I did the bit you just described Munn in minutes :) I guess there's more backtracking to come.
Thu 09/12/04 at 16:04
Regular
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> I got annoyed at Creepy Steeple, because you have to go back and forth
> a lot and the enemies there were giving me a really hard time. Gits.

It was worse for me, because I was too stupid to work out what to do.
After I got tthe black key, I ran around looking for a chest,knowign the power would let me go under teh tree to get teh key (but I needed that key to open the chest)

So. I went back and forth before I worked it out.
Then I made it to the big rock that you move by going into the background, but I couldn't work out how to move the rock in the background (Duh) so I ran around for ages.

I thought at the twist bit that it was finished, and I wondered why it was so short, but I thought it must have been because of all the damn backtracking I'd already done.

Oh how wrong I was.
Thu 09/12/04 at 13:52
Regular
Well i've only done it for a bit but it is okay so far.
Wed 08/12/04 at 22:57
"period drama"
I got annoyed at Creepy Steeple, because you have to go back and forth a lot and the enemies there were giving me a really hard time. Gits.
Wed 08/12/04 at 22:51
Regular
It had me so intrigued it really did! Such a great piece of gaming, that was the longest stint I've ever played of Paper Mario and I was loving it.

I'm at that creepy steeple thing or whatever. Which is nice. Especially to see the boo's, not looking forward to the backtracking but hey!
Wed 08/12/04 at 19:22
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Dringo wrote:
> Do you have to return to Glitzville...
>
> My favourite level thus far.

Yeh that was a great level. Nice to be able to do something that didn't require a dungeon. The unexpected fights (eg. Bowser appearing) and good storyline made that bit on of my favourites.
Wed 08/12/04 at 15:38
Regular
And no, you don't need to return.
But I return to it all the time for the hell of it.

I love the music on teh blimp.
It's just so, ahhh.
Wed 08/12/04 at 15:37
Regular
On the pit of 100 trials, level 80 or so gives you a badge which lets you kill (weak) enemies just by walking into them outside the battle.

Weak being the battles that only give 1 exp.

I got it, then died.
Again.

GRAGH!!
Wed 08/12/04 at 13:56
Regular
Do you have to return to Glitzville...

My favourite level thus far.
Wed 08/12/04 at 12:42
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I haven't tried that Pit of 100 Trials yet, either. That's gonna be something I might have to do once I'm finished, if only to see what DOES lie at the very end...

If it's an amazing badge that allows you to warp to places quickly or something, I'll be well P'd off after all the back-tracking I've done for that message board and going back-and-forth between Creepy Steeple...! :P

It's probably just another 5HP Mushroom, though. :P

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.