GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"So.....Fable...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Fable'.
Thu 18/11/04 at 16:43
Regular
Borrowed this off a mate.

All I can say so far is, 'it's alright'.

The first bit of the game is so monotonous it's irritating, and there is tonnes of dialogue aswell which seem to break up the gameplay considerably. The training sections are crap aswell.

I'm only just marginally beginning to enjoy it after being allowed to do what I want, the combat is pretty cool, but it just seems so easy; you can swipe bug in one go, and characters respawn everytime you leave an area of a map.

I don't see it as an RPG either, it seems more of an adventure (Zelda style).

Hmph. I might play it some more later, but the beginning part was just awful in my opinion. Crap accents on the actors aswell.

I can see this turning out into a 'wind waker' style game...
Thu 18/11/04 at 23:06
Regular
It was amazing on the first time through, second time through though I've started to realise the bad bits so I've stopped playing it and will most likely sell it at some point.

It's an excellent game as long as you can ignore its faults.
Thu 18/11/04 at 23:04
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
To be honest I just enjoy building up all of my powers.
Thu 18/11/04 at 23:03
Regular
"gsybe you!"
It's simply not very good.
Thu 18/11/04 at 22:08
Regular
I can't help but think it's linear as well - you follow paths, you can't jump bridges and there is loads of invisible walls.
Thu 18/11/04 at 18:59
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
I'm playing it through for the second time. Going to try some things differently this time.
Thu 18/11/04 at 18:53
Polished but souless sums it up.
Thu 18/11/04 at 18:31
Regular
"eat toast!"
the fighting system is a little naff. Also the save game system is the biggest crime. A bit short as well.

Apart from that the games good but not exceptional.
Thu 18/11/04 at 18:28
Regular
"tokyo police club"
It's genius, it really is.
Thu 18/11/04 at 16:52
Regular
"gsybe you!"
No, the whole game is crap.

It's good looking.

But also shallow, crap, short, crap, limited, crap, and nowhere near what it was supposed to be.
Thu 18/11/04 at 16:49
Regular
This is why I hate the start of games.

Or when developers put the crappy "training sequences in" so you spend ages 'training' and listening to loads of mundane dialogue, when you'd rather be out there actually playing the game.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.