GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Saving FF9 on ps2?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 22/05/01 at 12:25
Regular
Can anyone help my friend who is not able to save his games on FF9 while playing on Ps2? Any suggestions welcome?
Tue 22/05/01 at 12:25
Can anyone help my friend who is not able to save his games on FF9 while playing on Ps2? Any suggestions welcome?
Tue 22/05/01 at 12:31
Regular
Write it down on paper?

What memory card is he using? Is it a PSonr card? It has to be for it to work properly. It also helps if it is official (my unofficial one got blasted by the PS2).
Tue 22/05/01 at 12:33
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Use PS1. I tried and it did save but every time the console was turned off the card got wiped. I had unoffical cards, but a friend has offical cards and his cards work ok. He hasnt got FF9 so I dont know if his cards would work with that but they work with other games. My unoffical dont work with any game, it always wants to format the card.
Tue 22/05/01 at 12:34
"High polygon count"
Is he using a PS1 memory card? You can't save a PS1 game on a PS2 card.

If it is a PS1 card, is it an offical Sony card?

I recommend only official Sony PS1 memory cards for your PS2. I have several, and have had no problems at all.

Of course, if it's an official card, then it may be faulty - or there could be a problem with the PS2's memory card slot.

Try a process of elimination. If you have other cards, try them. Also try saving using memory card slot 2 if the game supports it. Report your findings here and we may be able to offer more advice.
Tue 22/05/01 at 13:05
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
I've run FF9 on my PS2 and saved all of my progress through the game to an unofficial memory card with no problems at all.

I might just be the lucky one :-)

I've only had my memory card in slot 2 on the PS2 as my PS2 (official) memory card resides in slot 1.

Might be worth giving that a try!

Good Luck.
Tue 22/05/01 at 13:24
I've played through all of ff9 at times on the ps2 and others on the ps1, with the official ps1 mem card.....no problems.....

I've NEVER had a problem (touch wood) in 4 years with any game on ieither machine with an official card (never used anything else!)
Tue 22/05/01 at 16:19
Same here, I only use official ones and they seem to work fine. I heard a few rumours a while ago that there was a problem with using unofficial cards for Psone on the PS2.

Did you know that you can copy PSone save games to the PS2 memory cards for storage purposes but you can't run them off it?
Tue 22/05/01 at 17:00
Regular
"Back For Good"
use an official card.

unofficial ones do not show up in the browser.then it should save if the card is formmated and the offical ones come pre formatted anyway.

I use a ps1 card in slot one and ps2 card in slot 2 because ps1 games can be stored and backed up onto the ps2 card which gives you about 9 mg of ps1 space.

the ps1 saves on the ps2 card are not at 8kb either the file only takes up the room it needs,some of the files i have that took up a block only use about a third so you have unlimited space really.
Tue 22/05/01 at 19:33
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
I have unoffical ones, the normal 1mb. They do show up in the browser. But they want to be formatted all the time. I started FF9(Up to the first save) over 6 times as the cards was always getting erased. If you have a PS1 and your cards get erased then use that. If you dont have a PS1 get the offical cards as there seems to be no trouble at all.
Tue 22/05/01 at 22:05
Regular
"Back For Good"
the unoficial one i had didn't show in the brower but you could save/load in games,but you couldn't access them to delete or move to the ps2 card.

better to get the official one anyway to be sure.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.